• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

8 hours ago, evssv said:

Proper stiff now being cable tied  bak for  2 days:D20170501_133819_zpsht4w8jmu.jpgjus hope it works  for more then  3 mins :rolleyes:

ThAn. ThAn.

More thAn 3 minutes.

:good:

On 4/29/2017 at 15:15, yoodoo said:

It was a stolen/recover jobbie.It had an alarm on and all the lights ripped off.I rebuilt all the electrics and it was going ok but when I tried to take the alarm off thats when things went tits up. I bought a new (non branded) battery which I think is a duff one so I have a spare for me Suzuki so that will be going on and see how it goes. I am on call at the moment so can't leave the house to check it if I have a play around.I'll have to take it out next weekend when not on call.

J

Still the same as yesterday...:lol: :lol: :lol:

ojgfrf.png

45 minutes ago, evssv said:

:lol::lol:...... u know........

So do u.....................................................:P

• 2 weeks later...

The clutch saga continues:rolleyes:......so bleeding whilst the clutch had gone  did nothing  ....so speaking to mechanic again and he said  it has to b mechanical. ...so cold engine  everything tight clutch works as it should. ....once  engine  Is hot and things heat up and expand  it must  b allowing  the clutch shaft bearing to move which is  allowing the basket/shaft to move out so the clutch can't  disengage. ..ffs:rolleyes:.....if so.... engine out  major ball ache. ..but atleast  I ain't gota  pay garage  prices:D as me  n mechanic will do it :good:

Edited by evssv

doing the maths and adding all mot's up the clock miles dont work out right, so the scooter had new clocks fitted at some point. i sat with an online buddy and we worked out the scooter has around 28.000km on clocks , thats 28,000km on the stock crank and bearings to , inspection shows they are factory installed bearings never swapped out ( when you replace a crank you replace bearings to ) , the scooters whine is a sign the bottom end is on its way out , the vibration is the ball bearings slapping  the inner bearing face. 

to replace the bottom end is just over £110 in parts . thats installing an uprated hardened  full crank and upgraded bearings and seals, at the same time its kind of pointless giving the bike a new bottom end and leaving the top end, with the bottom bearings going its nodoubt going to affect the top end slight piston slapping and wear on the upper needle carrier and bearing itself so a replacement would be due, more so better to just install an 70cc kit having an alloy head and barrel would be alot better cooling wise, BUT cost of that kit is £140 . already over the price i paid for the scooter in first place ...... then its labour costs , £50 an hour and its what a 6-7hr job so we are looking at like £400-500 in labour shop charges .

been trying to get quotes on some new bikes i like  , zeths supercub and a skyteam dax copy .

skyteam dax copy 3rd party fire theft was £600 and then the excess of £750 , this is a 110 cc bike worth 995 new 

the zeths supercub i cannot get any quote at all only company would be adrian flux and then is a ball breaker sky high cost .

im spending next two months feathering the scooter around as i try save to get a honda original , but i may have to just stump and go with a chinese scoot and keep ontop of it work wise 

Was on the bird the other night to get sum milk and it cutout. ....meehhh. ....started  again.....cut out. ...started. ...cut  again. ....:rolleyes:.....pushed it into a near by car park thought  battery related. ....as wheni turned the key off the clock was fine. .then I turn key  and the clock display  faded away and no sign of life :huh:.....started  poking  round  by the battery and it came bak to life. ....seemed to b the starter selaniod wires. ...managed to get it home and found  this 20170524_102044_zpsp7nkbbaw.jpg20170524_102100_zpsoti4li4l.jpg....the cover had melted itself solid so I had to mangle  it off :rolleyes:......funny thing  is the fuse  never  blew. ....so new  selaniod  ordered  11 quid  and  new plug  cover bit 5 quid. ....Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111608959733

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201932661998    can't complain as done  55000 oddmiles  with no issues on this  21 year old bike. ..plus this  seems to b a common  problem on hondas:yes:..and it's a easy  fix as i can jus  about  get to it with the rear faring on .

Edited by evssv

I always check my relays and connectors and sprary them with Wurth contact spray on both of my bikes.  As I have had a random thing thats not worked over the years.  I stil have to fit the pc3 and quickshift on my zx6r.  I've been a bit slack and just been riding her recently.

2 hours ago, yoodoo said:

Thats the type you need. I have just put a bid on a Super Blackbird on fleebay.....here goes nothing hey;)

J

awesome bikes dude:yes:....what reg is it??ideally u want a early carbbed one.....not a fi one.....better mpg and slighty more power on the carb ones...:D

22 minutes ago, cyronn said:

I always check my relays and connectors and sprary them with Wurth contact spray on both of my bikes.  As I have had a random thing thats not worked over the years.  I stil have to fit the pc3 and quickshift on my zx6r.  I've been a bit slack and just been riding her recently.

yeah I thk I`ll chk all the plugs on it when I fit the new bits.....:yes:...don't want any other surprises:no_prv:.....I gota dynojet quik shifter on my sv.....sweet bit of kit.:good:...I need to lower the rev shift point on mine......as it was set up for a track sv.....

Edited by evssv

On 5/24/2017 at 10:33, evssv said:

Was on the bird the other night to get sum milk and it cutout. ....meehhh. ....started  again.....cut out. ...started. ...cut  again. ....:rolleyes:.....pushed it into a near by car park thought  battery related. ....as wheni turned the key off the clock was fine. .then I turn key  and the clock display  faded away and no sign of life :huh:.....started  poking  round  by the battery and it came bak to life. .... And that officer, is how I happened to be at this dogging spot, with a functioning bike, when you pulled up......honest!

• Like 1