• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Do Modelsport cut bodies?

Yugaman

I need a new body desperately for my FTX Carnage, I want the Black/Red option, but have no tools to cut it myself. Do they cut it for customers and does it cost for them to do it?

The shell is

Straight sections are actually better done with a good, sharp craft knife...carefully score the line a few times, the lexan will then simply snap apart.

Remove the excess lexan first with scissors, then practice scoring on an off cut before attacking the shell.

It is normal to have to sand down wheel arches after cutting with some wet and dry.

:)

Little tip when sanding the wheel arches after cutting.

Wrap some wet and dry paper around an old spray paint can (or any aerosol can) and fix in place with a rubber band.

It makes it ssuch easier to smooth out the curves!

Kingpin

• Like 2

I ended up buying a precut one, but I went in to Modelsport as I live 20 mins away from it and they told me pretty much what everyone here has said about cutting bodies! Thanks all!

• Like 1