• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Turnigy TZ4 drift ver, help with suspension travel

abarth_1200

Hi guys, recently picked up one of these for a really good price, almost throwaway. Great little drifter, ideal speed and size for indoor tile, wood and carpet.

I've trimmed the body a bit better and moved it lower on the body mounts, looks way better but I can't help thinking the stock wheels are too small.

On to the problem I'm having, the front suspension hub pops out of its bushing when it gets compressed all the way, ending up in the car slammed onto its chassis, wih only about 4mm ground clearance you can see my problem.

Anyone have these cars and any fixes or ideas, I'm thinking about getting the aluminium hop up hubs to see if they are a better fit. But as for right now this is how it's staying.41239ce188e3766f0fd5061b0357f9d1.jpg3641f579cc599f7161f72417d2b96bdf.jpg

Right hand in picture you can see the hub has popped past it's bushing. Left is currently still in place for comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

got one myself with hop ups an run mini z bodys :good: you still got spring on hub?

your chassis looks to be splitting on left an the hole got enlarged? which is allowing plastic nut to move with hub, be good to fit the alloy nuts but in meantime drop a tiny bit of glue to outer of nut/bush an then insert to chassis an leave too cure (besure to clean away any excess glue before refitting hub)

few old pics from build

a7121570-84-20140921_121400_zpscsmkwr3a.

a7133963-129-20140925_073925_zpsm6vybm4l

a7133993-102-20140925_073940_zps7vokztxk

20140913_171201_zpseum9w3i6.jpg

be going brushless shortly :030:

where got my parts & essential must haves

http://www.banggood.com/SINOHOBBY-Mini-Q3-Aluminium-Front-Nuts-128-RC-Drift-Parts-V28-034A-p-934954.html

http://www.banggood.com/SINOHOBBY-Mini-Q3-Aluminum-Servo-Block-128-RC-Drift-Parts-V28-028A-p-934960.html

their shafts are tuff :drinks:

http://www.banggood.com/SINOHOBBY-Mini-Q3-Drive-shaft-set-128-Brushed-RC-Car-Parts-V28-007ZA-p-939642.html

Great info thanks, car looks great. Ordered the alu hubs and diff brackets already. Will add those aly bushes. I'll wait till I break a shaft tho, this little car is doubling in cost. What are some good diffs for drifting with this car. Do I want solid diffs like it currently has or do I want a ball diff or something.

Also what is that bracket at the front, is that to hold mini-z bodies.

Thanks, if have solid diff already all good but having a balldiff on front may allow you to tune some looseness to gain more rear end drive. I'm using pn racing interchangeable front mount and pn carbon front clip to match body.

Auto scale/kyosho body's come in different wheelbase 94,96,98,102

mine @98mm (stock is 94mm)

• 2 weeks later...