• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial wrath RTR or kit & what motor esc combo

daymo

Hey guys

I would like to get back into crawling I used to have an AX10 a few years ago, I rather like the look of the wrath are they any good & would I be better off with the kit over the RTR version

Cheers

Damon

Edited by daymo
  • Like 1

Go for a kit, put in what electronics you want, some of the parts are already upgraded aswell. Instructions should be easy enough (scx10 ones were) 

Wraiths are brilliant fun and will go pretty much wherever you point them. I'd recommend beef tubes for when you avoid end up rolling down hills like I did yesterday, snapped a rear axle  :whistling:

Sounds like a kit build is the way forwards, what motor esc combo should I run I would like to make it as waterproof as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been a kit guy myself as I enjoy the building. Nothing wrong with rtr's but I'll get a kit whenever possible.

Yes I do love a good build it just costs a bit more as you buy better parts to go on it

Great choice on the Wraith, if you are on FB check out the link in my Sig for a real good Wraith Group :)

Thanks A.J just had a quick look some nice trucks on there i want 1 even more now!  :yes:

• Like 1

Just don't get the Wraith Spawn kit as I'll be a bit jealous! I have to wait until Christmas to get mine :xd:

As mond has said, the kit versions come with some hopups so it kind of balances out the extra cost of a kit.

• Like 1

Just don't get the Wraith Spawn kit as I'll be a bit jealous! I have to wait until Christmas to get mine :xd:

As mond has said, the kit versions come with some hopups so it kind of balances out the extra cost of a kit.

its the spawn kit i want  :whistling:

Man everyone is going to have a Spawn kit before I get my hands on one :thumbsup:

If you've cash to spare, go for the Tekin FXR with 35t HD motor.

If more on a budget, go for a Hobbywing 1060 and a RC4wd 35t motor (motor is only rated at 2S).

• Like 1

Man everyone is going to have a Spawn kit before I get my hands on one :thumbsup:

If you've cash to spare, go for the Tekin FXR with 35t HD motor.

If more on a budget, go for a Hobbywing 1060 and a RC4wd 35t motor (motor is only rated at 2S).

Sorry lol i have bad urges for this rig!

Spare cash whats the definition of this lol?

A few people on Facebook said the 1060 where the best place to get them? but i do like the tekin nice & small

• Like 1

What can I say, you have good taste :xd:

Sorry just realised who you are, I was one of the guys on FB recommending the 1060 :thumbsup:

The 1060 is only around

The 1060 is known to be waterproof but I'll be taking mine apart and coating the boards with Plastidip for further peace of mind. Doing this will void your warranty but for all the price of the esc, I'm not too bothered as I do the same thing to my touring car esc to waterproof it with great success.

Sounds like a man with a plan, I'm the same but the opposite way around, scale SCX10 rig first then Wraith all out crawling machine! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The 1060 is known to be waterproof but I'll be taking mine apart and coating the boards with Plastidip for further peace of mind. Doing this will void your warranty but for all the price of the esc, I'm not too bothered as I do the same thing to my touring car esc to waterproof it with great success.

Sounds like a man with a plan, I'm the same but the opposite way around, scale SCX10 rig first then Wraith all out crawling machine! :thumbsup:

ok cool is this the one?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1060-brushed-esc/rc-car-products/382831

i will have to look in to plastidip i read about corrosion X somewhere to waterproof things

i bet you have some great terrain around you for crawling!

Yeah that's the one dude :thumbsup:

I haven't used Corrosion X myself so can't really comment on it, I have head of people having good success with it too though. I like Plastidip as it can be easily peeled off if needed, I'm not sure if that's the same case with Corrosion X.

I do have some awesome spots for crawling around me, spoilt for choice really. You can go to the same forest and never go the same route twice, great fun :yes:

• Like 1

right I'm looking at ordering this now I'm tempted to go for the full tekin kit for it, but did think about getting the 1060 esc & the tekkie 35t HD motor to keep the cost down bit would that work ok?

the 1060 is way more waterproof than a savox wp servo is. i`ve dunked my 1060 loads of times and had no problems with it at anytime if your going waterproof rig then just baloon your rx with some silicone or something around the end of it and waloh waterproof rx it works with my rigs really good then do the same silicone or corrosion x on the servo you get but remember no warranty if you do that type of stuff

the 1060 is way more waterproof than a savox wp servo is. i`ve dunked my 1060 loads of times and had no problems with it at anytime if your going waterproof rig then just baloon your rx with some silicone or something around the end of it and waloh waterproof rx it works with my rigs really good then do the same silicone or corrosion x on the servo you get but remember no warranty if you do that type of stuff

Cool thanks for the tips, I assume you can do the plasti dip/corrosion x treatment with the servo? I have a savox 1 around somewhere that should be strong enough but it's not a waterproof 1

Cool thanks for the tips, I assume you can do the plasti dip/corrosion x treatment with the servo? I have a savox 1 around somewhere that should be strong enough but it's not a waterproof 1

you could put corrosion x on the board then plasti dip the outside also i would put some marine grease on the gears mainly the one were the servo horn go`s onto then when you put it all back togther put a small o-ring on the bit were the servo horn sits before putting the servo horn on 

• Like 1