• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Hyper Buggy on the way - 2015

Seems USA will be last to get the goods, should be availed to you all "over there" pretty soon.  Got word the USA units are in boxes on a boat and another 1-2 months before theyre offloaded.  So ..  keep yer eyes peeled folks

2015-07-09_1016.png

Not sure what it will be called in EU / Asia, but in USA - its an OFNA and its an Ultra LX3 ...

Think ... Hyper 7 meets Hyper SS meets Hyper 8.5 with a few new twists and tweeks.  RTRs Nitro and Electric versions.  Not sure if there is a truggy in the mix - didnt get the impression there was.

Designed to compete with a Mugen race bugy or XRay or Hot Bodies D8 ???  Remains to be seen.  This aint no ground up redesign, its a mashup of existing tech ... refined.

Edited by sputnik

Considering my ss/7 mash up was great buggy this does look interesting.  Was only a few days ago on here I said something like Hobao should do a Hyper 7 SS edition..... 

They've heard you :-)  If its the same units I had in my hands here in the states about 3-4 weeks ago [ and I suspect it is ] - its alot of hyper 8 chassis and arms w/ driveline and steering knuckles of hyper ss - with diffs of a hyper 7.  Electric and nitro versions were on display.  Going to be a lot of what youve already seen before - mashed up and layed out a little different.  Over here OFNA calls it the Ultra LX3

• Like 1