• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CEN info help required

Dan-bristol

Hi not sure if this is being posted in correct place. I got a CEN nitro car off a friend and it needs a few bits which is fine. But I'm trying to find some sort of manual for it and to check that the shell is the correct one for it.

As the front shell post are missing and not sure what ones I need or where they go exactly. Also the receiver crystals is missing. Any help will be gratly recieved as I'm new to this hobby thanks

image_zps7npgpsgz.jpg

image_zpsm86adzgi.jpg

image_zps4fli8xrm.jpg

image_zps4fli8xrm.jpg

image_zpsmuaytlhn.jpg

image_zpsjvitc4qu.jpg

image_zpskvmrikxb.jpg

image_zpsuindpqfc.jpg

image_zps105qrrxj.jpg

After some googling it looks like it might be the wrong shell so doesn't look like its a MG10 TR2. Is there a way to find out the model?

Google " cen 2 speed" and see if u can match anything up on the images Edited by evssv

These Cen Fun Factors have not been made for along time and other than buying from cen direct spares will be difficult to find. Cen is not renowned for its customer service, and parts will probably take a while to get delivered but they are available at www.cenracing.com

I dont think those rear body posts are the correct ones for the Fun Factor either. I dont want to put you off but i think you will get very frustrated trying to get this vehicle in running order.But i wish you the best of luck.

The idea of the Fun Factors was that they were available in various chassis setups - 2wd/4wd, single speed/2-speed, car/stadium/"monster" truck/buggy (wider track) and that, having bought one, you could adapt it between the various specs at will - not sure that anyone would have done this, though as conversion parts were expensive and most entailed a virtually complete re-build.

As I recall, the original 4 models were a Renault Shlesser rally car (2 speed and 4wd), ATX buggy (4wd, 2 speed, wider track and some later ones supplied with an upgraded OS .15 engine), Pajero ( 2wd, single or two speed) and Monster Truck (4wd, single speed and larger wheels). Over their lifetime the Rally had various bodies, including Subaru, 206 and Mini, Stadium Truck for the Pajero and different colour schemes for the ATX. Consequently, you need to be a little bit wary when ordering parts as whilst most are interchangeable, not all Fun Factors are the same.

I think you will probably find manuals/parts lists. exploded diagrams, etc on internet or, if not, I am fairly sure I have originals and could probably scan them.

I think they were a bit underrated at the time - they were (and still are) fun, a good beginners car and fairly robust ( main weak spots I found were front chassis bent if you hit anything solid - which cars don't? - and diff drive cups which I found hard to come by and usually very expensive!

What parts are you looking for? I still have 10 complete cars in various configurations and quite a lot of parts - I tend to hang on to things on the principle "if it ain't eating owt  it can stay where it is" so may be able to help you out if you have any difficulties.

Edited by Shudson

Ok thanks for the help. I've been told it was fully running so I need to get fuel, starter kit and recieved crystal first now. Providing all of that's fine think I'd like to get a body shell that fits correctly with the correct body pins as the shell on isn't secured on the front.

From the photos, it looks as though you are also going to need an air filter  - standard universal thing.

It is possible that is an appropriate body because they tried to extend the life of the chassis by introducing "new" models based on it. It may be that you just need the appropriate mountings - there were a number of different styles used.. I will see what I have throwing about.

Yes need one of them also but guessing there cheep to pick up.

I did find this chassis but with a fun factor body which looked a better fit. The hole for the airel is the opposite side and end on this body. Jut want to make sure it runs been told it does but that's it