• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Stampede 4x4

shdaxner

So I have been after a 4x4 pede for a little while but didn't want to pay new money, one came up for sale on here which I wanted but I was pipped at the post by another forum member...fast forward 3 or 4 weeks and I'm browsing the bay and notice a tidy looking "roller" for the right price so I snap it up only to find its that same car which I was initially going to buy...bonus!

So, as soon as I knew the car was on the way I placed an order for some hop ups with Amain hobbies - loads of RPM bits with a few Proline hop ups

The car turned up a couple of days later and I'm super pleased with it for the price I paid - couple of pics.b7084416d6e082a508517f82991c5cbc.jpg05a2f6172b3b500c843beca701739d32.jpg5ac4a8fe949472f7549477d2c5f3fad6.jpg

Then today the hop ups turned up from Amains after only 4 days which is amazing going by the fact that the postage only cost $1.99 but even better is the fact my $200 order dodged customs and there was nothing to pay [emoji12]

7a961410e7d5f1b71735ffccf2157e3a.jpg

I then popped over to MS to buy the last few bits

6915d8f0bc7e7acad58a8d65542b1926.jpg

I set about building it up this afternoon but quickly realised I needed a couple of other bits to carry on - the RPM front hubs take a smaller bearing than the standard hubs do so I need to get the bearings on order, the proline alloy clampable hexes are also the wrong fitment but they will do as spares.

I will keep updating this thread with progress... just need to figure out what size bearings I need [emoji53]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice it has the tekno shafts too. You can get proper 17mm buggy type hexs for those. Unlike the mip nut ones.

You should check out hong Kong rpm parts a seller called dinball his prices are low and shipping is Low but fast and I never had duty from Kong.

You can get a new chassis for

Edited by RCbutcher

I thought about going down the 17mm hex route but all the pre glued wheels in this size come as 12mm hex and I am useless at glueing tyres so didn't want to do my own.

I will certainly check out that eBay seller - thanks!

I have the proline mounts on my PMT and they're really good - I have fitted them to the Stampede last night and my only reservations are I am not keen on the position of them with this shell.

18074a5965c113619ca8a86f0c580b61.jpg03e33ffca3d37aa8664883dd082361f0.jpg

The rear twist locks are quite tight in the recess' so are abit of a PITA to remove and the fronts are really close to the windscreen....however, there is different mounting options in the kit some of which would of fixed both these issues but in my haste I had bored the body post holes before I thought about it, this bodyshell is not permanent anyways as I want the Ford F-350 one when its back in stock so the post positioning will be looked at then. - my outlook with regards to removing them is this, if the car starts to smoke for whatever reason I would rip the body off anyways rather than pull all the pins out.

Cheers buddy

I hounded him for a long time !!!

It runs great but for my driving , it needs a few changes

I've killed the rear fastrax shafts

My slash has the MIP's so I'm thinking that I may need a set on the rear

Tyres haven't lasted long either

But saying that it's on 3s with a 4000kv motor so it's a bit naughty to be honest

I bet, I'm going to be running mine on 3s....going to keep the PMT on 2s.

Mine is running the Castle 3800kv motor and just had a quick try of it and it is silky smooth.

Quick photo of it with wheels trial fitted, just need to paint the shell today and it will be good to bash [emoji106]

10b9cc59c62eb0e4b69d0b7b9e293e21.jpg

Cheers Nick, yours is an awesome little truck too....remember seeing it bash at Peel Park and the way it just hops over the jumps.

I so prefer 10th scale at the moment, so much more bashable than 8th IMO.

Let me know on the ERBE slipper upgrade, maybe something I decide to do over time.

Aww bugger, just read the Castle specs and its 2s only.....may swap combo with my PMT then.

I set about building it up this afternoon but quickly realised I needed a couple of other bits to carry on - the RPM front hubs take a smaller bearing than the standard hubs do so I need to get the bearings on order, the proline alloy clampable hexes are also the wrong fitment but they will do as spares.

The front hubs are Tekno not stock ones hence the different size bearing.

The Tekno drive shafts wont fit into the stock uprights as the bearing is too small.

• Like 1

The front hubs are Tekno not stock ones hence the different size bearing.

The Tekno drive shafts wont fit into the stock uprights as the bearing is too small.

Cheers mate....that explains that then!

With that in mind I think I'll keep them hubs on and change everything else over to the RPM bits.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Very nice ! I love mine to bits to be honest ..

I found 12mm hexes can strip quite easy on 3s when running trenchers :( so keep an eye on those wheel nuts and add some thread lock. I tried the mod 1 gearing but didn't get on with it so went back to the 32dp and to be honest I have ran 4s on it and had no problems whatsoever ..

Im eyeing up a new look for mine at the minute along with a few other bits. ;)

Very nice ! I love mine to bits to be honest ..

I found 12mm hexes can strip quite easy on 3s when running trenchers :( so keep an eye on those wheel nuts and add some thread lock. I tried the mod 1 gearing but didn't get on with it so went back to the 32dp and to be honest I have ran 4s on it and had no problems whatsoever ..

Im eyeing up a new look for mine at the minute along with a few other bits. ;)

i am loving your old one too!
  • Like 1

Yes 3s will strip the proline wheel hexes

I have the alloy 12mm hexes and even thought they were tight , I've stripped 2 and ripped 1 tyre right off

Not sure where to go from here

I have till Friday to decide as that's when I'll be going to Ms

Trenches are really good on all surfaces but it's just the hex issue

Proline make a 2.8" wheel with a 17mm hex which might be the way to go if the 12mm hex isn't up to it.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-f-11-2.8-traxxas-style-bead-black-wheels-17mm-hex/rc-car-products/387705

Yeah I have seen these but I am useless at gluing wheels/tyres so wanted preglued jobbies....Im going to see how it runs on 2s at the moment temp wise on the gearing I currently have it on - if it is OK then I won't even bother with 3 cell.

Did you run it on 2s or 3s when you had it mate?

Yeah I have seen these but I am useless at gluing wheels/tyres so wanted preglued jobbies....Im going to see how it runs on 2s at the moment temp wise on the gearing I currently have it on - if it is OK then I won't even bother with 3 cell.

Did you run it on 2s or 3s when you had it mate?

Only on 2S

The supplied pinions were 11t and 17t if I remember correctly.

17t was just mental and 11t felt a bit slow so I put a 14 or 15t in that seemed a good compromise.