• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ROSSA Online Racers

ajlovering

Ferrari GT2 and Spa

I need to sort out the wait times between races as its 10 seconds at the min

ABS, Traction control and Stability control is set to Factory so ABS is off but you can adjust Traction by using Ctrl T when driving. Stabilty is about 50% on

I set the track to 100% grip with no change. the default is its slippery first lap and improves with laps but that sucks

I'll be online about 6ish but the server is always up if you want to try

Cheers

Good stuff Tony...I need a new wheel and now you added another reason to get one...

Will also need to check if my "Commodore 64" will run with AC. :P

I had a look on the server before. There was another player on the server called Ziggy, not sure if that was you? I did say hello but after about ten minutes they left so I was alone again :(

Ziggy will be the same guy. :)

Yeah sorry about that. It will take some time to build a decent following on the server and I'll try to be online as much as I can. There is normally a que to get on to the ALOOG server and its always full. I was trying to let the guys know that mines available if thats full but its a bit unethical to advertise on somebody elses server. We just need to spread the word.

I'm out tonight also but the server is up and I'll be around tomorrow night

I cant for the life of me understand how the fast guys on the ALOOG server drive that quick. I'm in the 2:19-2:21 but they are running 2:16-2:18 for 8 laps.

Any ideas?

Cheers

What setup are you using? Obviously a good one will get an extra second or two off your time. Also stability control will slow you down a little bit, I find it takes away just that little extra control where you can find another 500th of a second, so maybe turn or down/off? This is a car/track combo rarely use to be honest, so cant get any more in depth than that.

Edited by danny boy

I saw a couple of places on the lap where I was losing time and adjusted my line but it only made a difference of 1/2 second. It must be the setup as I saw that the other cars were pulling more G around the corners than me so I need to improve the grip.

I have a qualifying and race setup and load the setups as needed. I'll look at the settings and see if I can improve. I think low 2:19 is a decent speed for the limited driving time I put in

Cheers

Just been on there and had around 10 laps between a race and a quali session.

Was getting around 19.2s initially.

I initially had the same basic setup as Tony. My feeling  was the car is very good in the high speed corners and it isnt any slower than those aloog guys on the straights therefore in my eyes the rear aero is spot on. The front felt a vague on turn in to me and had a lot of push through 2nd and 3rd gear corners, especially when applying the throttle. This made me  notch up the front splitter. I then had a look at the geommerty and noticed the car had a lot of toe in front and rear which makes the car easier to drive but not always faster. turned the front toe from 4 to 2 so still slightly toe'd in, and the rear from 7 to 4. I've always ran toe out on the front but ill get there as i tweak it.

with the changes the Lap times in the quali session as are seen below......

1kqNa0s.png

So all pretty consistent which is a good thing to go from!

From when we had ABS turned on, i could get a 17.5 and that was on my first try after around 15 or so laps, so i think i can still gain a lot of time in my braking, i noticed i was still breaking a bit too early. Just need to get my left foot to ease of as the downforce reduces and it should be grand.

Im off tomorrow so will probably have another crack then!

Just been on there and had around 10 laps between a race and a quali session.

Was getting around 19.2s initially.

I initially had the same basic setup as Tony. My feeling  was the car is very good in the high speed corners and it isnt any slower than those aloog guys on the straights therefore in my eyes the rear aero is spot on. The front felt a vague on turn in to me and had a lot of push through 2nd and 3rd gear corners, especially when applying the throttle. This made me  notch up the front splitter. I then had a look at the geommerty and noticed the car had a lot of toe in front and rear which makes the car easier to drive but not always faster. turned the front toe from 4 to 2 so still slightly toe'd in, and the rear from 7 to 4. I've always ran toe out on the front but ill get there as i tweak it.

with the changes the Lap times in the quali session as are seen below......

1kqNa0s.png

So all pretty consistent which is a good thing to go from!

From when we had ABS turned on, i could get a 17.5 and that was on my first try after around 15 or so laps, so i think i can still gain a lot of time in my braking, i noticed i was still breaking a bit too early. Just need to get my left foot to ease of as the downforce reduces and it should be grand.

Im off tomorrow so will probably have another crack then!

nice consistency :)

Nice one Mayzie!

I have tried different setups and no matter what I do I cant get below 2:19 consistently. Do you have the tyre temp app running? 

I need to practice more...lol

A small note. The driving on the ALOOG server is getting bad. I found that people just drive to their own line even in races and disregard other cars on the track and just knock them off if you get in the way. PLEASE respect other drivers when racing and only go for the line if you have the gap. Usually the start is carnage at the first corner and I end up last facing the other way.

Do you have any tips on getting a good start? I always am the slowest off the line and get overtaken by at least 5 cars

Cheers

No i didnt have the tyre temp running. As for starts i find with the games its better to hold the pedal at a certain level, rather than trying to hold consistent revs. So the car is bouncing off the limiter, but you have the correct amount of throttle so you get the wheels spinning a bit and keep the revs up for the start

Was in earlier this afternoon, i think there was someone from here on??? There was also an italian bloke and a few other random people in!

Got down to an 18.1 whilst leading. The only change for that lap was yet more toe out

Been in again. Just noticed that the AC Setups are a bit weird so when i thought i was taking away tow in i was actually adding it! Anyway all figured out and setup again and the results show below!

mNv4Dzw.png

All ive tweaked so far is the front splitter and the toe. So should hopefully still be plenty time in the car, and probably more time in myself!

I was just racing and there was 14 online! Problem is there were a few bad drivers and I find out there is NO admin tools to kick out drivers or other crap. 

If we want to run a race I suggest we use the booking method where you have to book in for the race at a specific time and then add a password to the server. I'll post the password here as I dont think the itialian bad drivers know this forum..lol you never know

Anyway lets see how it goes for a while. Also I need to change the colours of the cars as they are all the same..

Cheers

What happened mayzie? You was in the lead and I was black flagged and the next thing you wasnt on hte server.

Anyway looks like we have a few bad drivers but as mentioned earlier I cant kick them off. 

I'll schedule a race at a specific time and invite people who are considerate racers

Cheers

I have never played AC Tony...but if you are admin on the server you should be able to kick people-

/kick: kick a user using the rules (blacklist etc) of the server. To kick a player named "The Player": /kick The Player

/admin: become administrator for the server. ex, if the password is "kunos" the command is "/admin kunos"

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/keyboard-shortcuts.18/

Edited by Anthoop

My internet decided it all of a sudden it didnt want to be internet anymore so i got kicked out!

Is there anyway to add a whitelist to the server. Then only known people can gain access?

May be easier than banning a lot of folk

I have never played AC Tony...but if you are admin on the server you should be able to kick people-

/kick: kick a user using the rules (blacklist etc) of the server. To kick a player named "The Player": /kick The Player

/admin: become administrator for the server. ex, if the password is "kunos" the command is "/admin kunos"

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/keyboard-shortcuts.18/

That works!

Thanks Anthoop. I just blacklisted myself. I need to figure out how to get back in lol