• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First rc...

Prokart2000

With my imax I just bought both separately off eBay, charger 18 quid and power supply 5, dunno if it really matters if it's a fake as there are so many different rebrands of the same 4 button charger

With regards lipo and added wear there will be no more on 2s as it's same voltage if not less if you're using 8.4 v nimh already

its just that the rc is brushed so the lipos will wear it.

Where have you read this?

The ESCs in both the Firestorm 10t and Flux are lipo compatible. The can in the brushed version is perfectly suitable for lipo use; stock, brushed motors are not exactly high quality, cost very little to replace, which is moot if buying new, as HPI have an excellent warranty and customer service policy.

As noted, the cost of lipo vs NiMH is negligible, charging equipment is not expensive, the lipo trumps NiMH for power delivery and runtime, every time.

A BL set up without lipo is like curry without a tasty bread product and side dish, just not satisfying or cost effective....

• Like 2

If you have 5.5mm bullet connectors on your speed controller then this will plug straight in. If you don't which is likely then you will either need to chop off the battery one and change it or chop off the speed controller one and change it which does involve soldering.

...or buy a convertor connector, unless a Tamiya plug is involved.

Look at the lipos you intend to buy, swap the ESC connector to match, no more soldering needed.

Soldering is an essential part of the hobby. In the short term, a local hobby shop or perhaps a forum member may be able to assist.

surly u know the anwser to this Q by now? :yawn:?

Edited by evssv

lol i saw that losi yesterday and thought it looked epic, buggy which is my fave design, brushless, lipo compatible, metal diffs, 4wd

its small....wont go many places....the stock electrics arnt much cop.....get the fs and have done with it! :yes:!....lol! :thumbsup:!

it seems good enough for me 

cool...buy one then...I know I`d rather take a firestorm over a mini losi8...more versitle....my boy sold his fs flux recently and I recently had a losi mni8t....I would pick the firestorm outa these 2....
  • Like 1

cool...buy one then...I know I`d rather take a firestorm over a mini losi8...more versitle....my boy sold his fs flux recently and I recently had a losi mni8t....I would pick the firestorm outa these 2....

i will try to stop hassling you lol, this is my mates one and im only suggesting it as he has one, never had any problems and i had a go and it seemed quick for a stock rc http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-1-16-e-revo-xl-2.5-tq-2.4ghz-silver-/rc-car-products/379447 

i will try to stop hassling you lol, this is my mates one and im only suggesting it as he has one, never had any problems and i had a go and it seemed quick for a stock rc http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-1-16-e-revo-xl-2.5-tq-2.4ghz-silver-/rc-car-products/379447 

lol!!....ur ok.. :yes:..if ur mate has one. and ur happy with what u`ve seen of his then go for it....its ur descision at the end of the day....but I`d still take the firestorm tbh...will b a lot stronger then a losi mini of any type  in stock form imo..

Edited by evssv

lol!!....ur ok.. :yes:..if ur mate has one. and ur happy with what u`ve seen of his then go for it....its ur descision at the end of the day....but I`d still take the firestorm tbh...will b a lot stronger then a losi mini of any type  in stock form imo..

yeah, my mate has one and we went around his area with it seemed quick.

is there any failure points on them and should i get a better charger, included chargers are normally bad

yeah, my mate has one and we went around his area with it seemed quick.

is there any failure points on them and should i get a better charger, included chargers are normally bad

now u need to get in here for ur Q`s on minis..http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forum/3-micro-mini/..lipos...therse r good.. 20150503_123243_zps2cdcgzsf.jpg

jus buy the same charger as u were gonna get for the firestorm...

Edited by evssv