• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

obr 30.5 reed case project

flatout!

I'd need taller gearing then other wise I'd not be happy with the speed, then taller gearing means no wheelies.

Back when it was a 5b it was a bit boring wheelies on demand you had to ease the throttle on or it would just flip, swings and roundabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a decent engine and it'll wheelie no matter what the weight ;)

Yep that's true but can't afford that engine :) I need rapid bottom end IE WOT and it lights the wheel up not an oz of bog followed by all been well 60MPH only getting 57 at the MO and that's just not enough.

How high is your gearing?? Mine wheelies with ease on 19/55...

Depends what tyres I'm running will depend on gearing, but easy answer is no wheelies on demand with any of my tyres or gear combos.

Its wheelies on demand here not a fluke wheelie IE pull the trigger and it's sat on its back side, mine does wheelie but not like that it's got to his the bump just right at the right revs.

Getting wheelies if that's all you want is pretty easy, but how you getting demand wheelies.

Have you any vids dos you not say yours only does 38 MPH with 19/55? I'd like to see this wheelie on demand mate.

Edited by Titaniumrc

I dont feel as though my reeds going to wheelie on demand, if i get my shocks sorted maybe it will, but atm its very soft its soaking up all the power ;)

Soft is good where we go though other wise it would bounce all over the place and then backflip, so new place soon so might be shock testing :(

Yep that's true but can't afford that engine :) I need rapid bottom end IE WOT and it lights the wheel up not an oz of bog followed by all been well 60MPH only getting 57 at the MO and that's just not enough.

Depends what tyres I'm running will depend on gearing, but easy answer is no wheelies on demand with any of my tyres or gear combos.

Its wheelies on demand here not a fluke wheelie IE pull the trigger and it's sat on its back side, mine does wheelie but not like that it's got to his the bump just right at the right revs.

Getting wheelies if that's all you want is pretty easy, but how you getting demand wheelies.

Have you any vids dos you not say yours only does 38 MPH with 19/55? I'd like to see this wheelie on demand mate.

It's currently missing it's rear shock..... send me a couple of pistons for them I'll gladly rebuild and put a video up.

It's currently missing it's rear shock..... send me a couple of pistons for them I'll gladly rebuild and put a video up.

I think I have 2 Pistons not 100% sure but will have a look after work or Tom and let you no, you wanting the full mounty?

Shocks all sorted, so we can go testing again, iv got some belted vipers coming, so iv got them and these shocks to test, iv got 2 holes all round and iv got 60w all round and they feel just right, a bit thicker in the front if anything, and iv adjusted the springs wound them down a bit and there just right now, ready to take some punishment, lol!

Running the wrong oil in your shocks isn't good, I new id got the wrong oil in there but I didn't have anything else, waiting for oil, so the oils here and in the shocks and there good,

Give me chance to keep an eye on the new vipers, make sure they get even wear, its important that I find a tyre thats going to last, coz I can't afford to keep buying tyres like I have been doing, lol!

And time down thats the most ennoying thing in the world, waiting for parts, its horrible lol!

Ill come back when iv been out to do a bit more testing and shout back. ;)

• Like 2

Iv always been lucky with orders, i get on to it to make sure it's in the post the next day, its crazy though even when it's fixed and your using it you still waiting on stuff, when the next thing is going to brake lol!

Im got my motor fine tuned again as in the chassis, shocks are better than ever, and iv realised that you can use the plastic seal for the shock pistons can be used for these 8mm shafts too, everything is the same, apart from the shaft its self, there 8mm not 6mm stock,

But the engines run in now and its nice, I did try the 813 but only briefly though, now iv got the 990 back on with the white plastic top off the 813,

Now it's sorted anyways, now I can put the belted vipers on when they come and i can give them a testing session, couple of tanks through it should do it, see what there like after that, im saying there not going to last half as long as the hostiles, but that's my opinion isn't it, but im telling you now iv seen a set used for just a couple of tanks maybe, and driven steady and they've worn a bit, so if they wear that quick then I don't think there going to last two minutes?

I think the grips going to be there but for how long? How long will they hold up?

I'd like to have seen the tyres that won the zenoah cup thats on there add,? Why didn't they take the pictures of the wear on them tyres after the race, or some pictures of a set and saying how many tanks they've had on what pictures,

I think theyve not put pictures on because they wear fast, faster on hard packed ground id say, and the hostiles have been very good, that good im still running my first ever mx, and its bald not many nobles left on it but it's still going,

I got a brand new pair and the first outing and the inner wall ripped out again, with the 26 2 bolt in at the time and that had a bit of power but nothing this obr has, if owt going to rip tyres this is, it's done one already when i was running it in, but i have been informed that there's a problem with the mould at hostile, we're they mould these tyres in America, i shown them pictures and they agreed with me and said yes they are defective for sure, so I mite get a decent mx to test soon, hopefully there going to be how everyone has said they're going to be, I remember when I first got my 5th scale I thought id never get any mx's, didn't think I'd have gone through 3 pairs already lol! Killed them all, but only because they was defective, :) so now there going to get there rep back for be a dam good tyre, iv never got the grip from anything better than the hostile mx nightmares, ;) there the tyres im going to be useing wether the ubers are good or not,im going back to mx's for sure, my motor was mega planted big time and it was to do with the mx's and the suspension obviously :D

Sorry gaz lol! No didn't try it, we'll I did but my linkage was set up wrong, not wrong just not right lol!

The 990 was leaking out the top and I swapped the tops over ad its sealed it, all is good iv got good shocks ow so I pulling the pin on it alright lol, its having it tomorrow :D

• Like 1

Anybody tried a 997 yet?  got one on this new rev km engine but not run it yet to find out if it's any good.  just reset it back to default needle settings and giving it a clean up.