• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya BMW Z3

PurcyP

Im still alive :o been a while but thought id share what i recently finished and my next project a Z4 GTE 

After the disastrous revell datsun i decided to take a break, and since i have no big car to fiddle with or rc cars since im being sensible and saving all my money thought id do a couple of different models.

No build pics just finished ones, decided to try custom wheels  too, they are aoshima SSR professor sp1's they were chrome but i stripped them and painted the spokes tamiya flat alu and the dish tamiya bronze.

The main body colour comprises of tamiya ts gun metal and clear orange with clear pearl inbetween for some more flake, i was hoping it was going to turn out darker than it did but either way im happy with it.

interior is a mix of tans and blacks the flock i used was cheap ebay stuff and compared to the charcoal colour i usually use from hiroboy, its night n day, so wont be using ebay stuff again..

interior was meant to be more tan as i was expecting the main body colour to be a tad different so ended up putting black seats etc in.

but neway here you go enjoy, next up is the fujimi bmw z4 gte which im looking forward to doing.

minimal painting, no full race livery either just a few basic stickers.

IMG_0649_zpsqskwxizq.jpg

IMG_0650_zpsrnyus82s.jpg

IMG_0651_zpsdflgfwqm.jpg

IMG_0652_zpsc8ixv0a1.jpg

IMG_0653_zpsktozfyns.jpg

IMG_0654_zpsllv0lwu3.jpg

IMG_0656_zpspmgicdrs.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Noj :D  ill be popping on now and again i do aim to pick up another on road RC and go racing again in the near future. 

Haha this i think is based on the 1.9 litre version that had a single exhaust pipe, wrong shape still though, silly tamiya haha 

overall this and the RX7 FD are my best models, also found doing fiddly work at night is best as my shakes arent as bad lol,  

will make another thread soon for the bmw z4 gte