• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Installing Pull Start or Roto Start GS Vision

alexjblake

Hi everyone, 

So I just picked up a GS Vision Pro Touring Car brand new mega cheap.  I've still got a couple of bits to buy before it hits the road but I'm putting that on hold until I find out about the best starting mechanism for it.

I want to install a pull start in the most ideal world or roto start as 2nd best. I really don't want to go down the starter box route! 

I can't see how to install a pull start on it though a) there doesn't seem any space B) I have no idea how to install one anyway!

I've attached a bunch of pics and would be really greatful if someone could lend a hand here either with suggestions for pull start or roto!

Cheers

Alex!

2015_05_21_15_22_39.jpg

2015_05_21_15_23_03.jpg2015_05_21_15_23_09.jpg

I could be wrong... but i think a starter box is your only option

theres nothing on the end of the crank to attach either a pull or a rota start to

My thoughts too.

I couldn't see any form of starter option listed here either despite it being a comprehensive parts list.

Hi there you need backplate for the engine.depends which way you want to start it. pull start needs backplate plus oneway bearing then put pullstart on.for starter box its just blanking plate.hope this helps.if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me.

My thinking behind the pull start was the same but it also looks like I'd need a new crankshaft as well if I went that way because of the way the connecting rod rotates it wouldn't be able to make it's full rotation. 

Looks like the starter box is the only way to go here :(