• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Goped bigfoot/GSR info.

madmo

Hi guys slightly off topic I know but does anyone know where I can buy a used or new petrol goped (no good ones on ebay ATM)...preferablely a chain driven like a GSR.

Any help much appreciated.

If anyone has one for sale please contact me with some pictures at hand and a price.

Looking to get one stick a zenoah G290 or 320 engine hopefully get about 30MPH out of it :)

gumtree - pre-loved etc etc. 

usually they stuff in a mini moto blatta b1 rep motor in, add a tuned pipe system and a walbro carb set

and reeds

slightly more on topic is going the route i will take, sourcing a cheap kiddies mini quadbike 

cutting down the upper chassis rails and seating area, stuffing in a decent throttle link servo

and dual huge monster servos to bring that rear/front disc braking into use and allowing for that heavy steering to be turned.

a 14v lipo powering the system and running on specktum Dx6i stick handset with custom settings and mixing.

those mini quads can be picked up for like 50 quid, all i need is the servos and links and a lipo and im going superlarge scale (1/4th scale).

but being tami i will not be going with the 50cc quads, im hitting up a 110cc machine

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

there is a way to do it but scooter is not an ideal setup. here is how you CAN mod up a machine be it two wheeled and it WILL work.

well its already proven in rc, but it aint easy to control for newbies....... 

the Best chassis in two wheel config is a motorbike, the cheapest motorbikes on market are mini motos

you require,

lipo battery and heavy duty servos for braking - throttle - steerage

you need a decent BEC to feed max power to those servos so they run at the rated 7.4v

you want a full range rc radio and tx ( ie an air version - not land)

some flexable plastic pipes to make skid/lean bars.

you need to set up the steering so left = right and right = left

you need a large open area like tarmac/field

you need plenty of time to learn control. so throttle must be governed to a trickle

now you have a true to scale 1/4th rc motorbike ( just spray it up in some nice livery , cut down the handle bars to short stubbies.

remove the feet pegs , you have a large scale RC bike , None gyro governed so it  all about keeping speed up and control.

As other have mentions being a MOTORIZED machine its law to be insured - taxed and tested to be on the road.

a mini moto rc conversion is ideal for gocart tracks and even short day race tracks. BUT im yet to see a MX version, plenty of race rep bikes

been rc'fied but not many if none MX bikes ( just more involved with servos beef needed on rough ground ) 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

I just thought gopeds were cool so if I can get one cheapest il go for it...still uses petrol rc engines but slightly cheaper to maintain and I can ride it :)....sort of a new hobby to go into....

I've looked on gumtree and ebay etc....no joy for a chain driven goped....thought I'd try msuk see if anyone has one or knows someone one who sells them.

gopeds are cool but, one wrong step with the law and you pay in older life.

problem is mini moto's and gopreds are being stamped on hard, its why you dont see them about much

and most times being sold cheap. thats the reason why, you just cant ride them in uk safe, unless theres purpose tracks

and most cart tracks will not insure bike riders let alone goped riders. 

thats why i popped up with something like what you want but within the law, no handlebars you cant ride it

also its remote controlled so now falls under a different catagory , usuallys they will throw down the law on sound

and or disruppting the peace. a lot less offence than getting nicked without mot insurance and tax and they WILL throw the whole book at you.

look at your yama buggy , make it twice-three times the size and thats a mini quad conversion.

spares come all day via others selling on gumtree and likes, and its more simple and fun.

i mean a large scale mini quad rockings a huge monster truck body is gonna turn heads and gain interest

That is true i know what u mean guys but fitting a goped in a toyota is a lot easier than fitting a pitbike lol without me needing tow bar and trailer...to take it to a track or sommat.

I just want sommat to tinker with and use during summer before I go back to 6th form....that's different to rc and won't bleed me dry of money lol.