• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas rally slash.

Thanks I think I will order that right now tho it only says watch so mayb out of stock. I need to have another look at gearing then too.

I don't even know what the gearing is now 20t mayb with 38t spur gear so that defo needs changing.

Ideas on gearing welcome but I think it has to be mod 1 to go with the 5mm shaft. For general Carpark bashing a good 50/50 torque and speed set up.

13/38 ?????

I haven't a clue about gearing lol I have the 2 standard pinion gears buy ther no good to me.

Today the road rage tires and hobbywing 2in1 arrived I'm going to try and fit all the upgrades waiting later when soaps are on.

Edited by RCbutcher

Here's the stuff I had to fit some parts I haven't fitted yet like the xo1 towers and d8 shocks. The shocks are too long atm but some vorza shafts are coming. Then I want to refurb them with spring and rubbers.

20150904_195454_zps6ewyrvwm.jpg

I've fitted the hot racing motor mount hassle free I like hr stuff and traxxas forum says over and over the hr is as good as the king heads for nr half the cost. Lunsford hinge pins fitted bit there not super tight so I hope they don't pop a clip and dissappear. Ther are tons lighter than standard. Well grams.

The mip hexs wasn't hassle free first I struggled to mount a rim onto them, then the wheel nut wouldn't connect but it finally hooked up. I haven't done them proper tho just a dry fit to see how it looked.

The buggy wheels are a little exaggerated but not stupidly I don't think. The body is in standard potion so should look better later. But I'm happy.

Buggy split six look like sc wheels the tires feel great too. Again just a dry fit for now I'll tape them and glue soon.

20150904_212317_zpsf764ovhr.jpg

20150904_212326_zpspcxdwiiz.jpg

20150904_212335_zpsbrve6ai7.jpg

20150904_212348_zps5yxodxdu.jpg

20150904_212418_zpsj2glylm0.jpg20150904_212438_zpskjsvudck.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just the Lipo holding it off. I can't use a lipo that doesn't fit lol.

Hoping bez will take my spare chassis tho and print me something I can bolt in and hold the 4s in. I'm not going to cut slits in the chassis.

But once there's a lipo it's ready to go.

Well mayb after getting a lipo I might have to send it off to someone for soldering a traxxas plug on. Unless by a stroke of luck I find a new 3s with trx plug and 40c atleast.

• 1 month later...

I think some of this thread is missing lol. Like the test video and most recent posts????

Anyway I've fitted vg springs in blue ther made for heavy slash rally ect altho the fronts do feel a little too soft. But with tuning they should be perfect.  

There's so much tuning possibilities with the gtr shocks too I just wish I knew how to tune them like a pro lol. Instead of hit and hope.

So any recommendations?

The rally weighs 7lbs loaded. Has vg strings rate unknown. 45wt oil and the standard xo1 shock pistons fitted.  

I'm guessing to lower the oil in the rear or swap the piston for a 3 hole one mayb already has 3 holes tho. 

Fronts I would like them to compress slower so I might swap the piston for 2 holes and leave the 45wt oil in. 

Ide rather not put tons of preload on if poss. 

Also my front shocks just touch the rod ends so I need to add a spacer or fit the xo1 towers. 

I think I've given up on the 17mm big bore shocks for now but I'll keep them just incase. 

4s chassis conversion is in progress but could be a while but 3s is fast enough for now.  Test and tune. 

Last night I went to swap the rear hubs over to take out the toe in. When I took one of the wheels off the hex came off with it. So that could have been the biggest reason it handles like crap. Altho the stub axle doesn't look like it's been scored or anything so mayb not unless it was loose enough for the grub screws to totally miss the axle altogether. 

Either it came loose or I didn't do it down tight enough when I was struggling to get the other side on straight.

Soon find out.  

• 2 months later...

Looks great RCB, I'm thinking of getting the parts to turn mine into a rally, any ideas where to look? Tried Dollar hobbyz & there out of stock on the front end, plus it was adding up to a fair whack of cash with the wheels & shell.

where was this bought from? Germany?

39 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

Looks great RCB, I'm thinking of getting the parts to turn mine into a rally, any ideas where to look? Tried Dollar hobbyz & there out of stock on the front end, plus it was adding up to a fair whack of cash with the wheels & shell.

where was this bought from? Germany?

i might have a rally roller for sale. 

• Like 2

Am-slotracing from ebay germany mate. 

Some people use the slash bumper with the rally bodies, if I was gonna buy any shell the proline focus could be top choice. But am do sell wheels and shells seperatly. 

I don't think wheels are needed tho, go straight to 17mm and use any buggy wheels you have. Only very slight rubbing to the rally front fenders. 

Quick update since I'm here. I took this to the skate park last month with my brother staying over I got him to film. Charged everything up go to the park turned on the gopro and it started beeping lol. We only got around 5min of footage cut down to mayb 2min if that. I was going to go again then combine footage. 

The ramps ther are mainly vertical take offs I don't know if they are bad for jumping rcs, but made my rally fly like a brick. First jump I just full speed launched 6m up and mayb 10m long smashing to the ground throwing the Lipo afew meters away from the car lol. I tried again less power same thing happened. 3rd time wasn't lucky either lol. So I stopped just doing transfers with hardly any air. 

It was a good run tho, I just need to lock the Lipo down. 

But it can definitely handle abuse, now I've said that watch it break next time :)

Edited by RCbutcher

• 5 years later...

Well its the end of this rc it got butcherd out. I listed it to ebay thinking it would easily go above 500 ide be happy at. Saw others do it and genuinely had upto 2hrs use total some skate park though. 

But at 300 start not one bid im shocked so pulled it apart knowing its slash so will sell easily in parts ill just bunch up everything at the end as one lot somebody will want it still. So far I'm just over 600 for it now with the street conversion kit still to go. I might break that down into lots too though soon if it fails again.  Then list anything else I have but its a sad time I absolutely loved this rc it was flawless never broke even full tilt at the skate park crashing too but the only hiccup was the servo horn once fell off. It was ballistic too. This was the best rc I built definitely the thing I wanted from rc hobby insane rc. 

Being able to convert it to just about any other model was the main USP for me buying the slash and then later the D8T with that model having a long line of rebrands and configurations it can be converted between models too. 

I'll probably stick around and watch the forum but my rc days are done for now. Im hoping to put my daughters barbie scx10's into storage since the barbie jeep has sentimental value built for my 4yr old over 6yrs ago now and added to over the years. So then I cant sell the new d90 either but hopfully they will be out of storage after a year or so and used walking the trails. 

If I ever buy myself another RC it will be an Xmaxx I hope in green. But not for afew years. 

• Like 1