• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas rally slash.

In simple terms, install the revo spur, support, disc and metal pads onto the slash shaft and use the silver spring on the assembly. Tighten up by hand and back off 1/4 of a turn. I found you can run them quite tight, which is not anything that she said. Ever.

If your fringe may foul vision whilst performing the parts swap over, perhaps get a bowl and a pair of scissors from the kitchen and transform your hairstyle before you start....

In simple terms, install the revo spur, support, disc and metal pads onto the slash shaft and use the silver spring on the assembly. Tighten up by hand and back off 1/4 of a turn. I found you can run them quite tight, which is not anything that she said. Ever.

If your fringe may foul vision whilst performing the parts swap over, perhaps get a bowl and a pair of scissors from the kitchen and transform your hairstyle before you start....

you should set up a little stall outside your house.

• Like 1

Hair style sorted today :)

Any ideas how this guy made the paint masks for this and if he means he just fitted rustler arms for the wheels to sit in the arches.

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9024224-Using-Kyosho-DRX-body-%28chassis-mod%29

It looks very good but I wonder if it would roll over easier if he's made it narrower. I love his paint job tho.

20150614_145358_zps8fsqdqbt.jpg

Hubs fitted now new lunsford pins arrived this time the correct ones and the rear shocks built and ready to install.

Also have the xo1 plastics but haven't a clue how I'm going to fit those yet I need to badger some of the traxxas guys to figure that out.

Today I'm going to have a crack at cutting up some glass fibre to make the velcro holders if it goes to plan they should look neat and tidy. I hate cutting carbon fibre and hope glass fibre isn't as bad.

Also more tempted to start another roller build mayb using the stampede chassis since they are just

No mate I put it in the comp so put my name on to show it's mine and current not sure if it was needed.

Course I plan on running it when is the question tho. I don't get the kick out of running around here either get laughed at by the drunks or dogs chase them. But I'm hoping to get somewhere new soon and saving for driving license so ill be a weekend user then. Until then tho I'm happy to tinker and build them as beasts ready.

We usually just run the scx around the garden but my daughter just pulls the trigger and plays with the steering out of control all the time but the scx love it definitely the best choice for her. I'm hoping she'll pick it up soon then we can go together and I won't stand out so much father bonding time lol.

I shouldn't be botherd by drunks laughing at me playing on the park too but do sadly. Image is everything they say and I look like a geek on my own lol.

But I am hoping to get some passes asap for testing and re gearing. Also found a quarry I've been meaning to contact since its 10min walk out of the way.

I have a new unused km t1000a totally unused I've had that since mayb September lol and still have no plans to run it soon. But I want it there ready for when circumstances change. I'm slowly buying used upgrades for that too but only bargains.

So you don't know if what your upgrading is needed or not or if you even like the way it handles ? .. You might find you drive it and hate it so be careful you don't end up with a highly upgraded out priced rig that your loose money on when it comes to selling it..

If your worried what folks think then who is to say that the new bash spot wont be as bad ? If i was you i would stop buying bits find a spot to bash where you feel comfortable and then continue on the road of upgrades or these could just be expensive dust collectors ..

Just think about the cost of what you have spent you could have had a nice few days out with your daughter and had some great memories rather than some plastic and metal sat on a shelf .. If i was you id call it done till i found a good bash spot and not even think of another build.. The good old traxxas money pit of upgrades is nipping at your heels change your boots to running shoes and get out while you can :thumbsup:     

• Like 1

The upgrades I'm doing are the ones highly recommended for the use I want for it in the end which is speed rc. All std parts will carry over to another build for offroad which will be much later this one will be used for on/off road first while I build up the parts for the 2nd chassis.

But it has slowed down as I haven't found any worthy job lots to buy for rc money this month I missed out on two lots this weekend which would have raised enough for the final parts to the chassis.

This is very true I just didn't want you to get sucked into the upgrade a traxxas lose a fortune game . Been there still there and can't leave as I got to much in t to lose know ! ;)

Edited by mydoddy69

That's a positive to me lol get weighted down so I have to keep it I've only loved rcs I couldn't bare to sell lol. But I've been clever with this build if selling ever happened I would maximise the resale value which is one reason I've upgraded from new aswel so if it happened ide have new std parts for the roller sale then slowly drip feed out the upgrades instead of all at once which would reduce buyers who have bids on another item lol.

But I don't have any intentions to sell this I've wanted a beast traxxas 1/10 4x4 for nearly 3yrs once board I'll just convert.

Rally

Speed

Drift

Buggy

Truck

Edited by RCbutcher

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lol they'd probably flip it and leave it on bricks lol. They really pee'd me off the other day I nearly started something. Took my daughter down on the play area and they was all there next thing I smelt the green stuff and just thought you little ......... I won't lie I did the same as a teen but would never have done it nor my mates around a family with kids playing. I didn't fancy getting pack attacked tho so just took my daughter home.

My photobucket has messed up mate Idk what's going on but ill sort it out soon.

For the rally battery problem iI've given up and orderd the extended battery clamps. One guy said it wouldn't fit the 4s another said it will so will soon find out.

Still need to shorten the d8 shocks and fit afew upgrades I can't even remember what atm it's been so long. Had family tragidy to deal with so haven't even looked at my rcs for over a month.

All but the micro L393 my daughter smashes around.

Damn photobucket i didn't know all my pics disappeared too. But knew I couldnt share new pics. Hopefully I can fix it.

Edited by RCbutcher