• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone heard of an AoWei?

fish6634

Iv got 2, and i jump it and rag the hell out of it, the only think iv had trouble with really is the wheel squares, there crap, iv put some fg ones on i got off mark on here and they never come off now,

there ok be you have to make do with there parts, and the parts are very few and far between, iv got a full buggy in a bag, and one that's up and running fine, just a steering problem at the minute, but easy fixed, im just to busy with my pride and joy KM save your money kidda buy a km from rc modelz, you can get a nice 23cc 4 bolt for

Few pictures ready to go out with his big brother, and the one on its own, its just been out for a beating https://www.dropbox.com/sc/rrve3v6lqgzuvwx/AAAmEqC_cTSc4GGjvAZvnSf_a

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/z4t6120bkltwi9t/AACZcb2bX8gY-QSsUc2d0YMja

all so if you look closely behind the yama buggy his donor is there aswell, but that ones in a bag now, ready for the spares for the orange one lol! Iv only broke a top front arm in all the time iv had it,

also the springs are like pogo sticks lol! Ive done the shocks on it now and its much better, it dosnt nod across the field anymore lol! Cheers ;)

Edited by flatout!

It's what people say when someone says they've brought one. Ow eee

Definitely go for a km baja they cost a tiny bit more the

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Would stay well away from a Yama. Had one as my first 1/5 and wish I hadn't wasted the money. They weren't too bad on grass but even at the sight of a jump bits would start falling off. Plastics acted like they were made of glass, they broke at an alarming rate. Not to mention they use strange size servos so if one dies you can't just replace it with a standard servo. No exhaust upgrades without major work. Then the engine grenaded and destroyed everything. 

Bought a Baja 3 weeks later  :thumbsup:

Edited by Stoka

I had yama buggy for a year and to be honest if you go bashing you notice it really can't take it but all brands do break but it's all down to the quality and I noticed when I Hooked up with a bashing group there cars eg HPI, KM and LOSI were going on and on and the build quality of them was massive.

All I was greatful of that it gave a learning curve in the 1/5 scale petrol world. The yama buggy was fun but now I'm selling all the parts on eBay as I've purchased a KM baja which is great.

Mate if budget allows save a little bit more and get a KM, obviously this is all done to matters of opinion

Hope this helps ????

Hi mate I had a Yama its all good to begin with then little things break l. As said above stay away go for a km that's what I should've done.

My tires wore out then I couldn't find replacements...and because there aren't many sellers they  rip you off. (Due to no competition on ebay) And another thing there's no on road wheels which is soo annoying as I like driving on Tarmac only downside tyres last a few months if that.

I luckily managed to sell mine for

Would stay well away from a Yama. Had one as my first 1/5 and wish I hadn't wasted the money. They weren't too bad on grass but even at the sight of a jump bits would start falling off. Plastics acted like they were made of glass, they broke at an alarming rate. Not to mention they use strange size servos so if one dies you can't just replace it with a standard servo. No exhaust upgrades without major work. Then the engine grenaded and destroyed everything. 

Bought a Baja 3 weeks later  :thumbsup:

exactly what i did kidda! Not even 3 weeks later, i didn't dare take it out incase it broke lol! But now i can control these 5th scales its not so bad, i dont crash it at all now, i was doing some massive jumps with it a few weeks ago and it was awesome i had some fun with it,

the main problems i had with it was the wheel squares, and the servo horns, crap, but its still on the same steering servo, iv changed the t/b servo and it went straight in no problems, but its the steering servo thats going to be the problem by the sound of it lol!

Did you ever find a good servo horn to go on them, is the horn a 25 tooth?

Iv got a couple of yama buggys for sale if ya want them? Ones running sound and the other is all there stripped for parts for the other one,

theres two because you need two of these things to keep them going lol! :) I think there made of glass! Lol! ;)

Iv noticed that the fg suspension arms may fit, if you look at that shanghai thing they do, hummer body, that has the same chassis as the yama buggy and you can put the fg stuff on the shanghai thing, :) id save every penny you get and buy a km matey, you'll never struggle for parts there as common as dog 5hite!