• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SCX10 G6 build thread

What servo and horn are you using?

Could well be that your servo horn is simply too short so the linkage isn't getting enough throw :)

Tried looking at your build photos but none gives a decently clear look at the steering, on the one that got closest it did look as though your steering link was at an odd angle

I adjusted my end points, made very little difference.They are at 95% it can go upto 120% but didnt know if that would stress the servo?

Cheers for the link, ill order one when i get in from work

The % really has little to do with stressing the servo, unless you're over working the servo, if the steering throw is limited, then chances are it's not.

Make sure the steering link is on the furthest hole away from the spline :) that'll give you the most throw.

Im using the stock horn one at the moment and an Alturn servo. i'll take a clear shot of the front  :thumbsup:

What servo and horn are you using?
Could well be that your servo horn is simply too short so the linkage isn't getting enough throw :)

Tried looking at your build photos but none gives a decently clear look at the steering, on the one that got closest it did look as though your steering link was at an odd angle

Ah ok fair enough, I'll check its in the right hole (twss)  :D

The % really has little to do with stressing the servo, unless you're over working the servo, if the steering throw is limited, then chances are it's not.

Make sure the steering link is on the furthest hole away from the spline :) that'll give you the most throw.

Edited by melvins913

Heres a pic of the front
image1-8.jpg

And here is a short clip of the steering, and it running a bit smoother. I turned the expo down which didnt change anything so I tried turning it up and it actually made it quite a bit better

It won't let me post a clip so here is a link
http://vid652.photobucket.com/albums/uu248/dimebag_lives_forever/Video.mp4

Edited by melvins913

Up or down, sometimes they've reverse.

The servo moves slower when the Expo is down (even if you made the % greater) :P

That seems to be running well.

It's in the correct hole also, the further away from the spline for the most throw.

Raise the front off the ground, turn the wheel all the way to the left, then turn the travel/EPA up slowly, until the steering stops moving, then knock it back down until it first moves, do the same for the right and that's the EPA's set at what they should be :)

Cheers buddy  :thumbsup:

Up or down, sometimes they've reverse.

The servo moves slower when the Expo is down (even if you made the % greater) :P

That seems to be running well.

It's in the correct hole also, the further away from the spline for the most throw.

Raise the front off the ground, turn the wheel all the way to the left, then turn the travel/EPA up slowly, until the steering stops moving, then knock it back down until it first moves, do the same for the right and that's the EPA's set at what they should be :)

Right, so here is a list of everything I will be ordering some time next week
Turnigy BEC
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-5A-8-26v-switching-BEC-SBEC-UBEC-5v-or-6v-RC-Planes-UK-Seller-/191201106506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c84795a4a&clk_rvr_id=808929789022&rmvSB=true

SSD D hole bead locks in black
http://www.rcbitz.com/wheels-tyres/wheels-on-off-road/off-road/1-7-wheels/1-9-steel-beadlock-d-hole-wheels-2-black-12mm-hex-mount-scale-bolts-g2-ssd/

Spare bolts for bead locks
http://www.rcbitz.com/ssd-rc-scale-parts/wheels-1-55-1-9-2-2-parts/m2-scale-hex-bolts-for-ssd-wheels-20-5mm-bolt-yellow-zinc-plated-ssd00028-ssd-rc/

Boom racing shocks
length will depend on what collude they have in stock as I don't want it bright green, blue etc. Preferably black or gun metal.
http://www.asiatees.com/display?Miscellaneous-All-Parts-Hop-Ups&brand=Miscellaneous&model=All&id=99506

Boom racing knuckle and c hub combo,
Again preferably in black or gun metal.They only have it in green or blue atm so will wait to order until others are in stock.
http://www.asiatees.com/display?Axial-SCX10-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Axial&model=SCX10&id=100530&pid=1

I have my eye on some other bits, but they will be ordered at a later date

i'll defo be ordering CVD's weather its on the 1st order or soon after, it depends on my paycheque

That's a pretty sorting list... It might also be worth grabbing some Axial CVD's from AsiaTees, they're a lot cheaper than the UK and if you're already placing an order from t here, it makes sense to save on shipping too.

I need a set of knuckles and hubs and the subdued colours have been out of stock for ages :(

I know that I could order a lurid set and make them silver with some oven pride but would still be a bit sparkly for my tastes, would prefer black or gunmetal like you.

Had it out for a little fun in the back garden, want to take it out to the woods but heavy rain meant it was to boggy
IMG_0665.jpgIMG_0666.jpgIMG_0667.jpg
I'll most likely be ordering a 1000 man 2s for it as I don't need the run times from my 5000mah. Im also on the look out for a plug an play light kit/bar for some night time fun.
  I might also cut the roll cage as its rather ugly

Edited by melvins913

You're going to want a bit bigger than 1000mah, I've run mine on a 1300mah pack before just to tet stuff in the back garden and it lacked power as the pack just couldn't keep up with the current demands. If you want something smaller and lighter, try a 2200mah pack. Mine only cost

Thanks for the tip, I'll go for a higher math then :thumbsup:  Just don't need anywhere near 5000mah. The smaller size would also nice

You're going to want a bit bigger than 1000mah, I've run mine on a 1300mah pack before just to tet stuff in the back garden and it lacked power as the pack just couldn't keep up with the current demands. If you want something smaller and lighter, try a 2200mah pack. Mine only cost

Yeah as above, for those people who don't mind/need the really long run times, about 2.2-2.6 seems to be the standard threshold for a brushed combo.

I tend to have to walk to where I trail around, so the run times are needed for me, 15-20 minutes walking there and 15-20 minutes walking back would almost be pointless on a 2.2 lol.

• Like 1

I've found with mine, I have a 55t motor in the TF2 and I get more time with that in high gear than I do if I'm taking it easy in my SCX10... I know that's a 27t, but I'm thinking of moving to a 35 or maybe even 45 to increase run times, as I don't use the speed, apart from photographing puddles lol.