• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

want to buy a nitro buggy.

Sayce97

I want to buy a 1/8 nitro buggy, .21 engine.

I would only use it at my local track but am not sure about racing with it.

I have a budget of about 320 pounds, by the looks of it I can only buy a rtr new but from what I read the parts can easily break and they aren't great for use at a track.

I have thought about buying used buggies such as a losi 2.0. but I don't know whether its worth it or not.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Also forgot to add I don't have much knowledge on building these buggies I own a rtr thunder tiger but it just seems to cause me problems.

All nitros cause problems mate I've never had one that worked good 3 days in a row lol. If buying used just be sure the seller is good no matter what tho a used rc could have unknown issues but buying used can be the best value for money since it's a used high grade or a new low grade. The high grade in good used condition would always be better than a low spec no name. 

Yh I thought the same about value for money, it doesn't cause me engine problems it runs very well for me in that respect.

But it uses a 27mhz transmitter and receiver which I will look to update, and the tuned pipe seems to fall off alot which I was told is a common fault in thunder tigers.

So I take it buying Say a hyper ss .21 new would not be a good idea and buying something worth more second hand would have greater benefits?

If so what should I look for buying second hand is there a certain amount of use with an engine where I shouldn't buy in case I have to buy a new engine shortly after?

Have a search for a thread started by me titled "Drowning" Should tell you all you need to know as I was in the same boat not long ago

I got a Kyosho Neo 2.0 in the end, fantastic Nitro Buggy starts first time everytime now, never had any major issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i take it buying new rtr isnt as bad as some people make it seem.

No not at all if your just starting out, get everything you need straight out of the box. Then you can upgrade either as things break or have the spare cash, at least with an RTR you can get straight out and enjoy it

No not at all if your just starting out, get everything you need straight out of the box. Then you can upgrade either as things break or have the spare cash, at least with an RTR you can get straight out and enjoy it

as long as u do a proper once over an check every nut bolt Allen head straight out the box...then go bash the crap outa it!!
  • Like 1

I want to buy a 1/8 nitro buggy, .21 engine.

I would only use it at my local track but am not sure about racing with it.

I have a budget of about 320 pounds, by the looks of it I can only buy a rtr new but from what I read the parts can easily break and they aren't great for use at a track.

I have thought about buying used buggies such as a losi 2.0. but I don't know whether its worth it or not.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Also forgot to add I don't have much knowledge on building these buggies I own a rtr thunder tiger but it just seems to cause me problems.

Have u bought a buggy yet? I have a mugen mbx6r which I no longer use just needs a starter box looking for 250. Just had a full rebuild diffs bearings etc is that something you could be interested in?