• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GV REX X NITRO BUGGY 1/18 4WD

IVE BOUGHT A REX X BUGGY FOR MY SON FOR CHRISTMAS MY BROTHER RUN IT IN FOR ME AND I TOOK IT BACK TO SHOP FOR THEM TO FIT A FAIL SAFE TO IT. SO I RAPPED IT FOR CHRISTMAS DAY AND WHEN I TOOK MY SON OUT WITH IT I HAD ONE HELL OF A JOB STARTING IT AND IT KEPT CUTTING OUT ALL THE TIME IT WAS SPLUTERING AND COUGHING :(:helpsmilie::helpsmilie: PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND HELP ME SET IT UP PROPER AND ITS BROKE MY LITTLE BOYS HEART AND IM ABOUT TO SMASH IT WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER PLEASE ,PLEASE,PLEASE. SOMEBODY HELP ME....

first off stop typing in caps..its seen as shouting.

the engine sounds like its running a bit rich thats all,remember tho that first off all you have to get the engine warm before you can tune it but if its stuttering really bad you may need to lean the low speed needle a bit.

turn the low speed needle clockwise a 1/4 of a turn,restart the car,with the car off the floor give it a few gentle blips of the throttle,you may need to restart the car a few times as 2 stroke engines are crankcase fed which means it can take anything upto 20 seconds for the new tuning to take effect.

dave

first off stop typing in caps..its seen as shouting.

the engine sounds like its running a bit rich thats all,remember tho that first off all you have to get the engine warm before you can tune it but if its stuttering really bad you may need to lean the low speed needle a bit.

turn the low speed needle clockwise a 1/4 of a turn,restart the car,with the car off the floor give it a few gentle blips of the throttle,you may need to restart the car a few times as 2 stroke engines are crankcase fed which means it can take anything upto 20 seconds for the new tuning to take effect.

dave

Thanks for that dave ive turned this and that on it and i dont now what the factory settings are so untill i find that out im in the dog house . ive got a number 3 plug in it do you think thats the right plug for the cold weather :confused: once again i thank you for your quick reply reguards jason

yes you need to get back to factory settings on the carb..not sure what the engine is in the rex-x(is it a 'force')??

no idea what a number 3 plug is sorry.

ive never chosen a plug because of the wether or time of year,only to match the engine size,compression and nitro content of the fuel.

give the modelshop a ring where you got it from and ask what the factory settings are,failing that try to find the gv website who make the rex x...i believe it stands for gewise??

dave

yes you need to get back to factory settings on the carb..not sure what the engine is in the rex-x(is it a 'force')??

no idea what a number 3 plug is sorry.

ive never chosen a plug because of the wether or time of year,only to match the engine size,compression and nitro content of the fuel.

give the modelshop a ring where you got it from and ask what the factory settings are,failing that try to find the gv website who make the rex x...i believe it stands for gewise??

dave

okay i will do that thank you very much for your help merry christmas to you and your family.......jason

• 2 weeks later...

IVE BOUGHT A REX X BUGGY FOR MY SON FOR CHRISTMAS MY BROTHER RUN IT IN FOR ME AND I TOOK IT BACK TO SHOP FOR THEM TO FIT A FAIL SAFE TO IT. SO I RAPPED IT FOR CHRISTMAS DAY AND WHEN I TOOK MY SON OUT WITH IT I HAD ONE HELL OF A JOB STARTING IT AND IT KEPT CUTTING OUT ALL THE TIME IT WAS SPLUTERING AND COUGHING :(:helpsmilie::helpsmilie: PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND HELP ME SET IT UP PROPER AND ITS BROKE MY LITTLE BOYS HEART AND IM ABOUT TO SMASH IT WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER PLEASE ,PLEASE,PLEASE. SOMEBODY HELP ME....

I would just like to add my two pence worth. I too have the Rex-X and had trouble starting the ****** thing. I have found out that to prime the engine you need to turn it over a few times with your finger over the exhaust and without the glow plug starter attached. But be careful not to flood the engine. Hope this helps.

Edited by stuartdixon

I would just like to add my two pence worth. I too have the Rex-X and had trouble starting the ****** thing. I have found out that to prime the engine you need to turn it over a few times with your finger over the exhaust and without the glow plug starter attached. But be careful not to flood the engine. Hope this helps.

thanks stuart

i had a friend look at it and to set it up and it seems to be okay now but thank you for your reply

reguards

jason :good:

1:18?

its not a 1:18th is it?!!!!

anyways, read the manual,

heat it with a hairdryer

first, prime it, by putting your finger over the exhaust and turning it over, you will see a jet of fuel from the tank enter the carb, stop as soon as it enters the carb

then, put the glow start on, and give it a pull, and it should start, (if a new engine starts first time, you are very, very lucky indeed.......) :D

woops didnt read last post....oh well

• 2 months later...

01welcome7jb.gif

Leave your glowstarter in for about 30 seconds before each run. It helps keep the engine running in cold weather. keep revving it to put heat in and after roughly 30 seconds, take the starter off and hope it keeps running. Try and do this on the floor as the cars have friction to stop them taking off and holding it in the air will remove all this friction and possibly make the engine rev high and cause the potential to damage it, which you dont want.

You should be able to find your factory settings in the instruction book that came with the engine.

Remember to make tuning increments small and give them time to work in, which is anywhere for 1/2 - full tank of fuel. When running your engine in, which is very important, remember not to give give it full throttle for at least the first 6 or 7 runs. This allows the parts to become used to the engine and any tightness they have from being made is reduced.

Hope this helps

Edited by carsey