• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's RC4WD Trailfinder 2

Some proper pictures...
Pretty sure this is the one that will be going out of the two.
But after having my hands on one and using one, I can see why they sell so strongly, and in truth, knowing how well they sell, was the deciding factor in me buying both, using both, then selling whichever I liked the least.

Theirs nothing wrong with the TF2 chassis or the Hilux body or the model as a whole, it comes down to me liking the Land Rover more :)

DSC03772_zpsb7xmzav1.jpg

DSC03773_zpsc4hqtbbk.jpg

DSC03774_zpssknad3wr.jpg

DSC03776_zpslqhvk28o.jpg

DSC03777_zpsvgtdngrm.jpg

DSC03778_zpsbcorpj3v.jpg

DSC03780_zpsjuwjpkzm.jpg

• Like 1

I had a buyer for this, well actually I had several pretty soon.... But packing it up, I felt a certain something, just couldn't do it.

Offered the chap who'd paid financial compensation along with a full refund to which he declined and was very friendly about it.

Looks like I better get some more electrics purchased in the near future!

Well I had this out today for it's first actual run, the garden is okay for testing, but doesn't give you the full experience.

My honest opinion? I shouldn't have done.

Made it damn near impossible to choose between this and the G2.

I favour this chassis but the Landy body.

Not got a clue what to do now, pretty sure one has to go, but definitely made my decision harder by giving this a fair chance lol.

Also had two little helpers out and about with me today, while the weathers good, took the pair at the bottom for a run :)

Anyway, here's some pictures from todays outing.

Enjoy.

(and yes, I did lose both my front bumper lights, couldn't find either of them LOL)

DSC04001-2_zpsma8nhkn1.jpg

DSC04002-2_zpswcgx2wdv.jpg

DSC04003-2_zpsaotmfr7z.jpg

DSC04004-2_zpsxmgcfj3m.jpg

DSC04005-2_zpsyecuuifp.jpg

DSC04013-2_zpssw7v9rvr.jpg

DSC04014-2_zps59jcgzzh.jpg

DSC04018-2_zpswfib2unx.jpg

DSC04019-2_zpsgdypmc5l.jpg

DSC04024-2_zpss3c43ass.jpg

DSC04025-2_zpsc8rytudn.jpg

DSC04026-2_zpsjcfxukmg.jpg

DSC04027-2_zpsh53uybsd.jpg

DSC04029-2_zps77eu0hk2.jpg

DSC04030-2_zpsken9hotu.jpg

DSC04031-2_zpsxs8jgpgn.jpg

DSC04032-2_zpsdlinrrim.jpg

DSC04063-2_zpsre1wkfjs.jpg

DSC04064-2_zpsdklkczb8.jpg

DSC04065-2_zpsoqwjixmx.jpg

DSC04066-2_zps6p3svo1n.jpg

DSC04067-2_zpsjbypbacg.jpg

DSC04068-2_zpsgdvcn6l2.jpg

DSC04046-2_zpsoidxki4b.jpg

DSC04053-2_zpsfjoki6ea.jpg

• Like 2

Not sure to be honest, it just feels overall a bit more stable as a platform, possibly down to the firmer leaf spring set up, my G2 shocks are quite soft, so that could be it.

I think these tyres are a bit better than the G2's as well.

Might have to take it out again tomorrow, without the camera, or the dogs, and see what I really think.

Then make a decision.

Need to make my mind up one way or the other.

you have them now why not sit tight and keep them both?

I'm thinking that to be honest... I already own them both outright, for my next purchases, I could just wait, although I'd prefer not to :P

I do enjoy both rigs for very different reasons though weirdly, I didn't realise two seemingly very similar rigs could feel and act so differently!

In the midst of all this scaling and trailing, I'd almost forgotten about my G6 lol, just given it a little play in the garden.... If the weather holds, I'll have to give that a good beating tomorrow in the quarry :D

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely need to make my mind up with this thing, it's staying for now though.
Started work on a bit more as well, originally started this toolbox for the SCX10, but it wouldn't go in properly, while still keeping enough access to remove bodyclips and such, so decided it can go straight in this instead, this was always going to get a toolbox anyway!

IMG_4585_zpsnw4typbw.jpg

Wish I liked crawlerzzzzzz and wasn't getting rid of a Hilux ;)

You shall have to pm me some pics and prices mate when you have some free time :good:

Could be a good excuse for a trip up your way again....

Lovely little run out with this today, 2 speed working great, even though the slower of the two is too slow IMO, the higher one is just about perfect.

Ran great, still haven't got any replacement lenses for the front, I know... I was meant to have some coming from someone but they've never arrived, so not sure if he actually sent them or what.

And yes I did lose a rear light lens lol! Thankfully I did also find it, so that's now being glued in as the bolts aren't great with very very little thread.

Grabbed a few pictures along the way as per... :)

Enjoy.

DSC04378-2_zpschojbi1b.jpg

DSC04379-2_zpsda07r8j4.jpg

DSC04380-2_zpsuih9skbx.jpg

DSC04381-2_zps4ll87tvq.jpg

DSC04383-2_zps4dbrcu6v.jpg

DSC04388-2_zpsq2zwjxug.jpg

DSC04391-2_zpsho4zrwp9.jpg

DSC04392-2_zpsnw3hidno.jpg

DSC04395-2_zpseaflxkyl.jpg

DSC04402-2_zpsdjdcwdtv.jpg

DSC04403-2_zpsrg9hshgm.jpg

DSC04404-2_zpsvdmyzzdp.jpg

DSC04406-2_zpsweaxro0n.jpg

DSC04409-2_zpsgdhusn6l.jpg

DSC04411-2_zps5qty9afn.jpg

DSC04415-2_zpsuxtbzg4q.jpg

DSC04416-2_zpsi9u67zqk.jpg

DSC04417-2_zpsedamheiw.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good and the ground round your way seems as soggy as it is down here. Thought your SCX was your water rig? Or just to tempting? :)

The more TF2 threads I read through, the more the body grows on me. Really starting to like it now

Get the Yota full body set from RC4WD and put it on your G6 :)

Well this one is sort of open endedly for sale lol.

Looking good and the ground round your way seems as soggy as it is down here. Thought your SCX was your water rig? Or just to tempting? :)

Get the Yota full body set from RC4WD and put it on your G6 :)

I don't mind taking this slowly through water for cleaning the tyres and wheels... I just don't go mad or through deep stuff with it :)