• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TUROK'S YETI XL KIT

turok007

How do the shocks feel? Which weight oil have you used?

i used the included  30 front 10 rear as per the instructions.  the shocks feels very nice  and you can feel the twin spring setup  when compressing them. 

as i have a lot of 4s packs im planning on mounting a battery tray .  it will fit near the front or on one side  but im going to try it up front.   if i need to i can add some weight to the fake fuel box  to balance it out.  the mod can be removed so i can run other cells if i need to.

i have fitted some plastic parts inside the battery boxes for support & to even the load of the velcro straps.   and if anything gives way i think it will be the velcro straps themselves as the holes made in the chassis is minimal. 

Edited by turok007

test fitted the shell and wheels. the blue front side panels hit the shocks so i will need to trim it a bit.  also the wheel hexes have a lot of movement in the rims.  not good   but time will tell

well the final bits turned up from china  so i got it all finished  i also fitted a sensor lead it all worked perfect.  then i checked for ESC updates  i downloaded them and sealed in the receiver.  now the sensored mode won't work.  time for a downgrade.  lol   well the first run was on a HW 150 esc and 2200kv HW motor on 4S  all ESC setting were on lowest.  and the truck flies.  pulls away quick and it handles a lot better than my summit ever did.  next some off road.  i was surprised that when pulling away the front and back fall and rise at the same time.   and the steering rack bends like anything  lol     the bargain servo was working fine. 

Looks great fella.... Looking forward to receiving mine now... :)

when you getting it  as it will be better when a few people get them on here. 

finally got it out for a good run today  i was running one 4s turnigy 20c 5000mah lipo  and i got a solid 20 minutes before i noticed any drop off in power.  it still has torque twist if you really hammer it while pulling away but nothing like the kit videos.  the steering was not as bad as i had expected.

No vid? :(

i have a vid  it was onboard gopro footage  but it is in a high setting so youtube it taking forever to load it.  once done i can see if i can edit it into something worth watching.  well it is not worth editing and uploading. as i mounted the go pro on the quadcopter mount into the car and it is all over the place  lol    i will mount it another way and see how that goes.

Edited by turok007

Nice build fella :) looking forward to the vids.

Never been an axial fan but this yeti xl has caught my attention.

Get this bloody thing bashed Turok ;)

Very tempted, however, wil it become a money pit in terms of having to replace stock parts with upgrades to dial in the durability that Axial are renowned for leaving out?

lol  i have run it but the video turned out bad.  as for a money pit  i don't think it will be for me.   but it will all depend on the owner      i have seen some serious bashing videos of the xl and it took a beating  so it will be down to the life span of the moving parts.  so i hope the drive line lasts longer than my revo or summit ever did.

• 1 year later...