• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

Rock solid.

where did u put ur front braces too?I was gonna maybe brace across the inside of the rx box..drill 4 holes in the box/chassis and do it this way possibly....but would mean taking them out every time. ..not an issue really only 4 extra bolts...or maybe i can use the existing holes the box mounts up with as long as I can get the braces to run across the box... Edited by evssv

I have the Alza servo plate which uses two braces and does away with the whole box. One of the braces becomes a top spar for the servo linkage. Far stronger setup than stock.

fair nuff..I wanna keep the box....I`ll look in to it later....see what I can come up with

took it down local skate park earlier for 2 lots of lipos with me son n his hyper....ran sweeeeet!!...fr lifting on fresh 2x 2s's.....gonna b fun on 6s for sure!!...all well until he killed a fr wheel. ...cracked it big time and ripped out the fr of the fr left lower arm so play time over for him...lol!!..no damage to report this time...tf!!

Edited by evssv

Looks nice with the wing, wouldn't last me 1 pack of lipo's sadly!

yeah i thk it would. ..its mega secure.....I shouldn't of said that should I. .....well if that's all what happens I b happy. ....lol! Edited by evssv

so..... most of my lipos won't fit in the silly twin savvy battery boxes apart from 4x 4000mh 2s's I got ...so I have come up with a possible solution to problem....a 3rd tray.. .I'm waiting on 2x losi trays so I used a smaller one I have for now.. .but my 6s 's won't fit in this one. .I may mount the losi tray along the chassis rather then across like this one using the chassis braces as a mounting point like i have done here . 20150405_130842_zpse24700qv.jpg 20150405_130901_zpsguuc2nfw.jpg 20150405_130829_zpsafwc9wcn.jpgacross the chassis like this and I can't use the stock boxes. .its a bit fiddly to get the straps done up but no biggey....I can lift the whole truck up by the 3rd tray and it don't move....a good bash will put it to the test..

Edited by evssv

ah crap!!...it was going so well aswell. lol.. . 20150405_133013_zpso9jivkvy.jpg

my pants soldering...lol!!..may need a roller cage/bars of sum sort to protect the top of the lipo....I'll look into that when the 8 tray arrives...i hate soldering!! 20150405_135142_zps6i8kmnua.jpg

Edited by evssv