• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

Just now, evssv said:

yeah should do:good:..thk I need sum more cone washers now......:rolleyes:....

I Don't really get cone washers. I prefer to use normal hex heads. They stick out a bit I know, but generally they are fine. Having said that I need to  order some more allen hex bolts. That can wait until tomorrow.

8 hours ago, evssv said:

I thk they jus tidy it up a bit and add sum color......:yes:

Fair enough. If you want some colour get the chassis anodized whatever colour you want!

I just prefer the normal hex as they have a bigger allen key size and hence are less prone to stripping out.

5 hours ago, Zannu said:

Fair enough. If you want some colour get the chassis anodized whatever colour you want!

I just prefer the normal hex as they have a bigger allen key size and hence are less prone to stripping out.

i use the bigger hex heads with the cone washers.....:yes:..m3..or m4's....:yes:.....dont wanna anodize as come sale time peeps  may not like the color i went with  ...:rolleyes:.....so keeping it silver is better imo:good:

9 minutes ago, evssv said:

yeah ran sweet:good:.....i got 4x 2s's to do today...:yes:

Wish I had something like that to do later. Sounds very good. What gearing have you got yours on?

Still waiting on parts for now, hopefully they will all be here by Friday so I can fix it then, and have it ready for Saturday Morning.

Ok, No problems then. I was just wondering as I am still not quite sure what I want mine to be on for a 4s optimal set up. Having said that I may even try going to 5s, just because I have 4 x 2s and 3x3s which are all the same capacity and current draw (Same make and all) so I would get 3 lots of a 5s pack rather than 2 lots of a 4s pack.

Just now, evssv said:

soo....44t spur. and 22 pinny:yes:

Are you still running the standard gearbox with that then? Guessing so otherwise that is very extreme.

As long as you have a gearbox, mine will end up with quite a similar overall ratio to yours, which sounds about right for a 4s setup.

1 minute ago, Zannu said:

Are you still running the standard gearbox with that then? Guessing so otherwise that is very extreme.

As long as you have a gearbox, mine will end up with quite a similar overall ratio to yours, which sounds about right for a 4s setup.

yep...:yes:was gonna go alza but didnt ....i thk i did buy a cd for it but then sold it..as i was happy running  the stock box:yes:

Edited by evssv

Just now, evssv said:

yep...:yes:was gonna go alza but didnt ....

Fair enough. I don't think I will for now, I quite like my setup, and it should be even better with the locker whenever that gets here.

1 minute ago, evssv said:

ive never brothered runing 5s on anything :yes:....4 or 6:D

I know but if I go 6s I only have one set of batteries vs 3 sets of 5s. Otherwise I would probably 6s but I don't really have the money to get another load of 3s LiPo's at the moment. I will just have to stick with what I have.

Just now, evssv said:

fair enuff..run what u got dude:good:

exactly. In the future I am sure I will have more and be able to go onto higher (6s) voltage but for now, it is use 4/5s or don't run. I know what I am choosing. Then I can save the 6s for when I start getting bored of it (if that is possible) and find the handling too predictable of 4 or 5s I always know I only need a battery upgrade to make it truly mad again.

Do you mostly use 4 on yours?