• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

I am Mostly just using stuff I already have in my spares box, so there will no doubt be some trial and error involved. 

The diff I am using is made up from a mixture of durango dex8 and arrma kraton center diff parts. I think its a 50t steel spur and a 16 pinion. I will be running a 1900kv turnigy motor and 4s for a start just while I make sure everything is ok.

This is quite an old(13 years old) nitro savage I am converting. It has had a lot of upgrades over the years but its not a brand new model so I need to build the power up slowly.:D

20160212_224027.jpg20160212_223311.jpg20160212_224636.jpg20160212_225442.jpg

Your local HPI dealer? ;)

I tried those cups, don't rate them. They don't have the steel inserts that stop the cross pins from cutting in to the ally, thus they fail. I'm having better luck with the stockers. Maybe it's just me? 

the ones on me flux seem ok....mostly 6s abuse...:yes:.....the hd ones r silly money....:yes:...ahh...u mean the irc cups.....had them on my mt4g3 for well over 1-2 years now.....there fine.....again mostly 6s.....:yes:..what oil should I run in the alza cd diff????

Edited by evssv

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Erm, I can see a few bits missing, like maybe a car? 

:lol:.....:rolleyes:.......;)....now I jus gota fit it all.....sum point soon...hopefully....:yes:....I had/have pin problums so may wait until the nx pin goes then I`ll swap it all over..

Edited by evssv

• 1 month later...

Well....that a disaster! !:doh:!!

20160410_143747_zpsvy3dykex.jpg.....my mate never charged his lipos last night :rolleyes:so he did the only pair he bought out off the  car battery. .....then realised  his tx was dead. ..so on charge it went for 20 mins...then  he realised its not taking  charge. ..so he went home to sort it.....i went off to bash....20 mins in and after  a big crash.....its not steering right.. 20160410_151702_zpshilhcwve.jpg...so robbed a screw outa here 20160410_154036_zpsdybj2nqb.jpg..job done 20160410_154031_zpslrnk2rkv.jpg..and then the other  side decided rip head off and that screw fell out..:banghead:...got sumvid as well to upload. .also got smashed  in the leg flat out by the savvy which I may have on vid possibly. ..fudging hurt as well:lol:

Edited by evssv

Yep..legs still hurts now if  move me foot up...one drilled/teased out  with the square bit... 20160410_184237_zps4xv5csag.jpg:topbanana:.....damn thats close...but it works 20160410_190507_zpszcnnplwy.jpg. .....and the other with  torques  bit 20160410_200835_zps7kxylyhq.jpg. .....getting there. ....i hate drilling things out. ..proper pitfa!!:ack:

Edited by evssv