• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

almost finished... jus tx box...servo horn...i found a nice losi one to go on...batt boxes...centre skid plate.. 20150314_025420_zpsbgyizgoq.jpgI got rid of all them nasty black screws aswell... 20150314_025400_zpsm9jwvesc.jpgstupid losi imperial thread.....I've no imperial nuts!!..found another what fits...

Edited by evssv

It's alive :) Just a suggestion, but maybe look at the bracing? The rx box, gearbox and 2 bulkhead lower plate braces (HPI102272) are all plastic. For metal it's the joint posts, two skidplate cross-members and the motor plate? If you ignore the plastic parts, there's some structural voids front and back and higher up that could do with some metal bracing to help keep the chassis rigid and stop it twisting.

Edited by fornowagain

It's alive :) Just a suggestion, but maybe look at the bracing? The rx box, gearbox and 2 bulkhead lower plate braces (HPI102272) are all plastic. For metal it's the joint posts, two skidplate cross-members and the motor plate? If you ignore the plastic parts, there's some structural voids front and back and higher up that could do with some metal bracing to help keep the chassis rigid and stop it twisting.

how did u do urs?? Did u take any pics?r me bulk head kits correct?? I know the fr/rear facing ones r... Edited by evssv

how did u do urs?? Did u take any pics?r me bulk head kits correct?? I know the fr/rear facing ones r...

Yeah you've done a grand job. Have a look it's in my sig for some pics. I noticed the frame with standard parts isn't that rigid and would twist quite easily, down to its length I guess. So I replaced the plastic bulkhead spars with alloy. Used the servo plate which has two extra braces and added two more braces at the back and top. Along with the center diff frame which is like a roll cage in the middle. If you look at the motor plate, I think I'm right in saying the braces run along the sides and don't span across. Ignoring the plastic which flexes, you end up with a structure like a box without a lid. 

How tight do I need to do the servo saver spring then peeps??body reamed and lipos loaded.....

You leave a 4mm gap from the bottom of the spring collar to the plate and go from there.

Yeah you've done a grand job. Have a look it's in my sig for some pics. I noticed the frame with standard parts isn't that rigid and would twist quite easily, down to its length I guess. So I replaced the plastic bulkhead spars with alloy. Used the servo plate which has two extra braces and added two more braces at the back and top. Along with the center diff frame which is like a roll cage in the middle. If you look at the motor plate, I think I'm right in saying the braces run along the sides and don't span across. Ignoring the plastic which flexes, you end up with a structure like a box without a lid.

You leave a 4mm gap from the bottom of the spring collar to the plate and go from there.

cheers...I'm well happy with the end result...even though it took almost 8 steaight hrs work....waiting on me mate to go give it its first run.....I reckon its 3-4 mm as it is now so I'll see how it works....I can get a screw driver in to turn the bottom collar if need b....is it worth geting sum more alza braces to brace the bits u suggested? ? Atleast this way I know they'll b a perfect fit. ..unlike if I make sum..lol!!..and yes they run along the sides...I jus pm'd megane and asked if he sells jus the braces on there own....so hopefully he can sort me sum out... Edited by evssv

cheers...I'm well happy with the end result...even though it took almost 8 steaight hrs work....waiting on me mate to go give it its first run.....I reckon its 3-4 mm as it is now so I'll see how it works....I can get a screw driver in to turn the bottom collar if need b....is it worth geting sum more alza braces to brace the bits u suggested? ? Atleast this way I know they'll b a perfect fit. ..unlike if I make sum..lol!!..and yes they run along the sides

Definitely, I wouldn't jump it hard till you strengthen it a bit, in case it bends. You can buy alloy replacements for the lower bulkhead plastic braces (with the steering cutout) on ebay. The Alza braces are 7x8.2x74mm with M4 tapped in the ends, there's a similar HPI part #86063. 

Edited by fornowagain

Definitely, I wouldn't jump it hard till you strengthen it a bit, in case it bends. You can buy alloy replacements for the lower bulkhead plastic braces (with the steering cutout) on ebay. The Alza braces are 7x8.2x74mm with M4 tapped in the ends, there's a similar HPI part #86063.

sweet. ..I'll look for a pair now..could they b used brace the other areas?? They'd b the same width wouldn't they.....

sweet. ..I'll look for a pair now..could they b used brace the other areas?? They'd b the same width wouldn't they.....

The bulkhead one's have cutouts to clear moving steering parts and have threads for the fixings that come up from the underside. The other braces are just plain lengths. But yeah got to be same length.

Btw, the cable braiding is also on the bay, loads of widths. One tip is to seal the end with a lighter to stop it fraying out and then put some heat-shrink over the end once it's on the cable to stop it fraying, keeps it in place and makes it look tidy.

Edited by fornowagain

The bulkhead one's have cutouts to clear moving steering parts and have threads for the fixings that come up from the underside. The braces are just plain lengths. But yeah got to be same lengths.

Btw, the cable braiding is also on the bay, loads of widths. One tip is to seal the end with a lighter to stop it fraying out and then put some heats-shrink over the end once it's on the cable to stop if fraying and make look nice.

I did burn the ends with a lighter..didn't thk of shrink wrappin the ends.......should of guessed its on eBay...lol!!there 10.45 a pair them ally bits....I geta pair now...... Edited by evssv