• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best glow plug for hyper 7 tq2

Dannymitchell506

I guess sometimes a plug could be faulty straight out of the packet but you should not be going through plugs that fast.

Many things will ruin a plug and by looking at the damaged plug you can often find an indication of why it blew....is the plug coil grey and distorted= lean/hot.

Having the right plug in the engine is not really a matter of will it last...more will it provide the best performance for you/me/everybody on that day with that engine/car/fuel/exhaust/etc.driving it where and how we are. Having said that though, a cold plug has a thicker coil of wire than a hot plug and so will be more resilient....

You did not mention which engine you have (not that it makes much if any difference) nor the fuel you are using...but no matter...I can tell you that the OS8 will work fine in any scenario ( I have tried)....not ideal but works.

The plug which was in it to begin with had been in it a fair while so I'm gonna say that it burnt out due to being used a lot , the second one burnt out after about 5/10 mins of running but as you said lean = hot so I'm thinking it burnt out due to the engine getting to hot because it began to smoke then died so I took the plug out and smoked started to come from inside. I think the problem might of been it running to lean. I'll just buy that plug you said and go from there. Thanks