• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Claiming through paypal

Hpi_matrix_stock

if your a buyer then you should get the money back paypal seems to work like this lol

Hmmm most of the time it doesnt seem to work like that.

This explains it all, saves me typing :P

The person iv bought it from is an admin of a decent looking forum as well, im really suprised iv got ripped off. I will post something on her forum saying she has ripped me off, but no doubt il instantly get banned.

pm or instant message ?? also u can find out address its on the invoice ?

Pm'ed about 10 times and emailed. No address on the invoice only mine.

I have made an account on her forum and asked if I can buy the phone via registered cash. If she is crooked then she'll want more money and hopefully send me her address. Then I can give her a "visit" just before xmas time :whistling:

the only way you could get her/his address if you get the police involed and then paypal will release there data striaght away without no questions asked.

or yeh go for the "il pay cash send me your address" way its up to you ither way you could get ya money back

the only way you could get her/his address if you get the police involed and then paypal will release there data striaght away without no questions asked.

or yeh go for the "il pay cash send me your address" way its up to you ither way you could get ya money back

Police are a joke, something over £55 and they will prob jus laugh

Im going down the second route.

its not i did the same thing with less infact it was a broken samsung d500 with a value of £23.96 and i got my money back as the police got involed its something like fraud i think.

also the second option could get a little bit nasty as well if all goes wrong lol

Might just be delayed in the post, my sister ordered some parts for my bike for xmas, she ordered them on the 11th, nothing as yet, so i emailed the company and they've sent the parts and said they'll have been caught up in the christmas post, hopefully this is the case with yer phone :good:

and with you only able to file so many complaints in a year it kinda sucks.

Are you sure mate? I know thats how it used to be, but upon checking paypals website, it doesnt look like they have a limit anymore. In fact they say if you buy multiple items from a seller, you have to file seperate claims for each item. Im in the same boat with a missing parcel from Hong Kong :boredlook:

not 100% true infact

If you were to open up an account and say do business for 6 months and you felt something might go down or something is array. Go on to your paypal page and click credit cards and click remove. Once this has been done click on bank account and click remove then you can close the account. once the account is closed. all transactions to do with that account are null and void.

And the good thing about it is , you can open up another account with the same details but no ties to your other paypal account. remember that you first have to delete all ties to paypal regarding cards and bank accounts. If you are seller protected ( which means nothing anyway )on your old account. you wont be on your new account.

in other words if you feel like you going have problems with people who complete dis paypal and use the carge back method close it and start again thats just my 2cent really

my 2 cents is....

1. you brought it from a forum and no one is being held responceble for it except from u and the seller...

2. do a reserch if the seller was ligit as why the hell would a girl sell stuff on an RC forum??? (not aply to women RC users)

3. complain to paypal and just see what happens.

4. if all is a lost then ether go doing something stupid or just move on and a lession learnt in life....

• 2 weeks later...