• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hi there peeps new to this quad copter stuff

Cookiebizkit

Hi peeps looking at getting a quad copter. Have used a mates hubsan with out the camera and found it easy to fly.

Is the one with the camera actually worth it and can you get any upgrades on the quad copter and the camera.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cookie b

I've got the 107D, with first person camera.  I actually think I'd have preffered the non fpv version, as it's a lot cheaper and records in HD onboard.  Mine transmits SD and records it on the handset - so video quality isn't fab.  It is a novelty though and attracts a lot of interest.

Ok cool beans

Is there anything on the market with a decent camera just not stupid money. And is easy to get bits for. And bit of newbie for flying

Also 170d or 107d

Edited by Cookiebizkit

Ok cool beans

Is there anything on the market with a decent camera just not stupid money. And is easy to get bits for. And bit of newbie for flying

Also 170d or 107d

Like you i'm new to quads.  Hubsan's 107 range is very capable, and most people who fly it remark how stable it is.  Other than the SD fpv, which is understandable due to price, the only other thing I don't like is the the throttle / yaw control - I find it too easy to alter throttle when altering yaw.  I've pretty much learnt to expect and compensate now but it's worth mentioning.