• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help - Identify this buggy - Hyper?

Was told this was a Hyper 7......  whilst there's a lot of similarities side by side there's some differences - I'm wondering if it's a 7.5, an 8 or possibly something else all together?  I've pictured the obvious 'differences' in the hope one of you knowledgeable folks will recognise it.  Thanks.

15801511713_556d727c63_b.jpg

Knuckles look like cnc, though they're different to the CNC ones on my Hyper 7.

16420627552_e34362482f_b.jpg

Rear carrier again looks milled?

16233904708_2254efc580_b.jpg

Drive cups are different

15801516283_14c5bcb8ce_b.jpg

16419803741_eab8c71649_b.jpg

Edited by capri-boy

my 7.5 black edition never came with those color knuckles or rear hubs...and orange pin holders...and mine was brand new bar 5 tanks

Cheers, poss not a 7.5 then.  Those orange parts 'scream' ansmann virus to me, but I'm not familiar with them at all so don't know.  Many many parts of it are identical to my 7 which is why I thought it might be a 7,5, or a 8.

The plastic front carrier looks like mine though as does the arm..plus u normally get those silly bit's of plastic hobao call bumpers..lol

Mine too, though the chassis on my 7 isn't notched front and back like this.
Edited by capri-boy

Pin holders are from an SS buggy. Looks like the chassis was cut to make them fit. Hubs/knuckles look like CNC hobao hyper 7 items to me. I've bought two sets of CNC knuckes and both are slightly different (one set was ordered from rc-echo) but both are lovely quality.

• Like 1

BTW the knuckles look like the ones I bought from the UK:

1223CBCE-785B-4ED2-BDB3-F95961746ADB.jpg

The rc-echo ones are anodised slightly darker and have slightly different milling on the arm that the steering rods attach to.

Cheers, poss not a 7.5 then. Those orange parts 'scream' ansmann virus to me, but I'm not familiar with them at all so don't know. Many many parts of it are identical to my 7 which is why I thought it might be a 7,5, or a 8.

Mine too, though the chassis on my 7 isn't notched front and back like this.

and a lot of the virus bits r interchangeable between the hyper/virus models Edited by evssv