• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

I just put the stiffest shocks i could find aswell, and slapped the ground like a brick. I just gunned it on 6s and it took off. Wouldnt of been so bad if it went a couple more feet forward than up, would of hit grass.:crying:

Where did you buy the shell from ?..

Hi, My Hyper 7 with a new budget shell......!!!!!!!!!!!

Bent the side rails to fit (new shell thinner) and trimmed nose and that was it..Actual shocked by how good the fit was.

Less than £5 shipped...

024.JPG

019.JPG

022.JPG

025.JPG

Shell was from Banggood.com £4.82  inc postage!!!

http://www.banggood.com/HOBIBA-18-2_4G-Brushless-Off-Road-Car-Canopy-VR-08001-A-p-972591.html

main difference is the side rails need work as shell is slimmer than the 7 TQ original, front need slight trimming around shock tower.

Is there any slimmer rails that fit the 7 as I heated and formed the original ones to fit.

I am using a Turnigy TGY-615BL Brushless servo 12Kg /0.08sec is anyone else using one of these (very good speed and centering) .

• Like 1

Shell was from Banggood.com £4.82  inc postage!!!

http://www.banggood.com/HOBIBA-18-2_4G-Brushless-Off-Road-Car-Canopy-VR-08001-A-p-972591.html

main difference is the side rails need work as shell is slimmer than the 7 TQ original, front need slight trimming around shock tower.

Is there any slimmer rails that fit the 7 as I heated and formed the original ones to fit.

I am using a Turnigy TGY-615BL Brushless servo 12Kg /0.08sec is anyone else using one of these (very good speed and centering) .

Yh, though they need a little mod to work - mugen ones - from either an mbx6 or 7 - though which exact one I couldn't say (there's been multiple varients of those buggies and I don't know if the rails changed).  I had some fitted to a tatty 7 I bought for the good brushless system in it - came with a proline bulldog shell fitted (which I hated as cab forward).

Just become the proud owner of an 8.5 chassis. No wheels or electrics but it does have spyder diffs all round

Awesome - does it have the big 20mm shocks too?  It's a shame the 8.5 uses different gearbox housings than the 7 or they'd be much more popular.  

• Like 1

Right. Had a good look around it this morning while the Mrs is at work. (she doesn't know about this one yet(number 9))

dbbe1e9cf57cd98f3264938d9286a7e3.jpg

98afdc23afd0cadb8d2b4f642ab9fdf7.jpg

3c176da0dc45f405dd7d64ab58b15ef1.jpg

Front and rear ends seem to be all present and correct although there's a big gap in the middle.

9da4573f1407b3401ffc59fd1fc257b5.jpg

fd81e6e0c0b3120f4f8d9a29d9659f12.jpg

Aside from the obvious (battery tray and rx box) what is missing from this?

I notice what looks like a centre diff plate has snapped. Any clues as to what I need would be most appreciated as at the minute I have know idea what should be there!

Got a Hyper TQ with a brushless conversion.2200KV and a 46T spur.What pinion should I use?

Thanks

J

Is 46 stock?if so I'm running a 19 with stock spur. ...on 4s or 6s  with  no issues to date. ...

19t too high for a 2200kv off road imo, though obv depends on which motor, driving style and where your driving it.  I'd start with a 17t for 4S myself.

Which UV axles will fit on the back of a Hyper 7 ? I lost a rear left dog bone today, an it ended my bash early :ack:

Missus managed to snap the rear shock tower bulkhead mounts aswell on her car :box:

Right. Had a good look around it this morning while the Mrs is at work. (she doesn't know about this one yet(number 9))

dbbe1e9cf57cd98f3264938d9286a7e3.jpg

98afdc23afd0cadb8d2b4f642ab9fdf7.jpg

3c176da0dc45f405dd7d64ab58b15ef1.jpg

Front and rear ends seem to be all present and correct although there's a big gap in the middle.

9da4573f1407b3401ffc59fd1fc257b5.jpg

fd81e6e0c0b3120f4f8d9a29d9659f12.jpg

Aside from the obvious (battery tray and rx box) what is missing from this?

I notice what looks like a centre diff plate has snapped. Any clues as to what I need would be most appreciated as at the minute I have know idea what should be there!

Any help at all? I have no idea what's missing from the centre section...

Do the fronts fit on the back ? Ive got 6 spares, but im sure they didnt fit when i tried em.

Something tells me they don't but I recently watched an ebay auction (missed it doh) claiming they did.  5 mins job to check Leon, get to it!