• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Servo & horn for RC10 Worlds

DaveGT

Hi,

I'm building an RC10 Worlds re release and have got to the stage where I need to start installing the electrics. The servo horns included in the kit don't seem to fit either of the servos I have, Alturn-752MG or Savox SC1251MG. They are both supposed to be Futaba 25 teeth but the servo horn marked F in the car kit seems to small. Do I need to buy an aftermarket servo horn/saver specifically for these servos?

Also, what do you think to these servo choices? I've read mixed reviews. Any other recommendations welcomed.

Regards,

Dave.

Quite a few supposedly Futaba pattern servos seem to come up large.

I think the Savox works well in 1/10th 2wd. Its fast, as strong as it needs to be and takes up less room. I'm using a low profile Bluebird in my RC10 Team because it lets me get a better servo mounting angle than with a full sized one. Back around 1990 I was using a slightly smaller than standard sized Futaba servo to get the same effect.