• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HELP Im Drowning

Gwigga

Yep, definitely Kyosho for build quality, spec and reliability.

As i said, I've got both, both bought within the last month and within a week of each other. The kyosho oozes quality. The hobao is constructed of lesser quality materials, some design faults such as throttle/brake linkage snags on air filter assembly etc. Also the philips screws that are being referred to have been around for along time and are nice and chunky on the kyosho as compared to the tiny hex heads on the hobao in important locations such as engine mountings etc.

I think the problem here is that people take advice as the op has asked, buy a hobao, then at a later date don't like to admit that they have bought an inferior quality product at a slightly higher price than the superior kyosho. It was also mentioned earlier in the thread that parts are readily available, partly due to people breaking them down and selling parts on ebay, ask yourself why you would break down a perfectly serviceable rc nitro truck!

• Like 1

Clearly any fixing head requires the correct size tool for the job.

Nope not concerned about anybody buying or owning an inferior quality product either. I own both and the Kyosho is clearly better in terms of material quality, design and manufacturer quality control.

This is based purely upon my own personal opinion and was intended to help the OP.

Clearly any fixing head requires the correct size tool for the job.

Nope not concerned about anybody buying or owning an inferior quality product either. I own both and the Kyosho is clearly better in terms of material quality, design and manufacturer quality control.

This is based purely upon my own personal opinion and was intended to help the OP.

Just goes to show that not all advice is good advice ha ha if your trying to help the OP please stop giving him poor info

Do you have pics of theses two buggys of yours ?

So its down to the Hong Nor and the hyper, one of the main ones stupid as it may sound is the lack of e-clips on the hinge pins on the hyper :rolleyes:

There are

a couple of other reasons Savox servo's in the Hyper for one

Edited by Gwigga

Kyosho over Hobao any day. Hobao have the advantage on parts support thats it!  Hyper 7 and st are great cars, no doubt, but thats it. the new ss and sst are weak in comparison. The hyper mt again weak rubbish, and these are their newest cars. Whats gonna happen when they stop the hyper 7 and st and spares are all used up. What will people do?..... Sorry im bored of hypers everyone has one.

So its down to the Hong Nor and the hyper, one of the main ones stupid as it may sound is the lack of e-clips on the hinge pins on the hyper :rolleyes:

There are

a couple of other reasons Savox servo's in the Hyper for one

The savox servos are crap, they may be savox but just like nearly all servos in rtr's they are rubbish. Dont be fooled.

• Like 1

Kyosho over Hobao any day. Hobao have the advantage on parts support thats it!  Hyper 7 and st are great cars, no doubt, but thats it. the new ss and sst are weak in comparison. The hyper mt again weak rubbish, and these are their newest cars. Whats gonna happen when they stop the hyper 7 and st and spares are all used up. What will people do?..... Sorry im bored of hypers everyone has one.

How are the hinge pins fixed? out of interest

How are the hinge pins fixed? out of interest

I think they are clips which you dont want, but its no great hardship, they are a bit of a pain but i would not let it become a deal breaker. Its entirely up to you in the end. If you want the hyper go for it, they are good cars and everyone gets them and there is a reason for that. I would get something different tho!

Edited by RCpete

Couldn't agree more with RCpete. Kyosho is superior. As said i have both. After getting the hyper7 though i wished I'd just bought a second kyosho neo 2.0

As said get the one you fancy, dont just go for the hyper because everyone else has one. Parts are readily available for the kyosho.

Edited by Thedrum2010
  • Like 1

Plus Kyosho have been making 1/8th buggies since the days of the Burns in the 80's, it must count for something. They invented the 1/8th buggies. Infact even before the Burns there were others.

Edited by RCpete

I th8nk you mad3 good choice, some vids ive seen on kyosho buggys and truggys look awsome, even on rtr models , they look very fast for rtr, as said may nerd moor attention and care, but if properly looked after bet they are very good buggys, olny seem one once last year on local bmx track, it was the rtr truggy race spec, and it was awsome, i wad running hpi truggy rtr then, and can tell you the that the kyosjo was better in every way

• Like 1