• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New Project for 2015

arogon1235

some of you may know that just after rossa 2014 i bought chaser v2 off of bez. some of you may want to know why i decided not to continue on with my old car (Mi4), the simple reason for it was due to the car having to many parts that could go wrong or break as well as parts costing a fortune, this is why buying chaser v2 was a sensible option for me as the parts are relatively cheap from the states and the simple layout and design of the car means nothing really goes wrong, the only thing that will usually happen is the odd foam tire that explodes or the front steering maybe breaking if i crash it (knowing me that will happen and that's why i ordered spares lol) 

I know what some of the reactions will be from people but i always expect something like that lol. 

Anyhow the esc from the mi4 is now in the dragster along with a new NEU motor which is fueled by some 5000mah 60c 4s gens ace lipo's. i still have along list to go through to get the car complete but it is moving along at a steady pace. i will update the thread tomorrow evening with the pictures and more specs of the car but for now this is it.  

One last thing, can anyone think of a good name for the car   :lol:

I wouldn't worry about peoples reactions to buying a successful speed car. Bez has moved on to a new chassis, and you are simply carrying on with it.

I am sure you will tweak it to your own taste and besides....in the real world of racing, cars and chassis get sold on as the top guys move on to new evolutions and try different things.

It's only bad form to pretend you designed and built it yourself, and you certainly aren't doing that :)

Your challenge is to try and get more speed out of it than Bez did :)

• 5 weeks later...
finally some pics

This is what is currently powering the car.   
Esc: Castle xl2 wtih custom made 7000uf capacitor bank 
Motor: Neu 1512 2.5D 2000kv  
Lipo's: Gens ace 4s 5000mah 60/120c with 8awg wire 

DSC_0019_4_zpsradicovi.jpg  
Lipos with upgraded 8awg wire DSC_0043_3_zpsqplotg9b.jpg  
DSC_0024_4_zpsizicmzdy.jpg   
DSC_0022_4_zpsnizpyyof.jpg
DSC_0021_4_zpsr71grhmc.jpg   

More updates to come later on in the year 

spur gear is now fitted and it fits perfectly with a 26t pinion which should turn the rear wheels at a pretty decent rpm on 8s, i should also be testing the car in the coming months as i have found a pretty good stretch of road not that far from me which has no traffic that travels down it as it is for a  warehouse complex so i may only get the odd lorry or so, so it should be pretty safe to run it there. 

• 1 month later...