• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Drift live thread

Glenyboy

4 minutes ago, Glenyboy said:

Have a play with the camber etc

i will do once i have the weights and tyres. i think a lot of it is the weight of the damn thing, its so heavy on the back end now, just seems like the back end is pushing it into understeer when i try to switch 

I got one photo, no videos, haha.

I ran the CS for about an hour and a half. About 3 and a half on the RWD.

20160213_180454_zpsh4wgbm5t.jpg

Haha id say that's a poor attempt but I know all I want to do is drift when im at the track haha

Ill have a look. First things to try are definitely the weights and tyres then onto geometry which to be honest wont be far off. Ill have it on the setup station this week

Wheel weights will help to keep the momentum in the wheels. Does it ever feel like the front wheels have stopped and fling the back out?

Occasionally yeh. I had a go at adjusting the camber last night. When It got to 3:20 am and I had got bloody nowhere I gave up lol that rear end is so bloody complicated haha

Just got back from a mad weekend at nrd. 14 hours of drifting including 4am drunk drifting lol the d4 is running amazing and almost running 90 degrees of steering lock after some adjustments lol I may have stupidly tested it without the bodyshell and snapped the lower arm in the last ten minutes though lol whoops

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 09:27, anthony89 said:

How you getting on with your fxx scratcher? You got much speed out of it? I was messing with my schumacher on friday up at soul. Nearly maxxed all settings on esc, and it was still slow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've put heavy weights on the back wheels and it's given it a bit more go.

I've worked out what gear set should give me the right mix of speed, torques and stability so I'll be ordering it this week... I just keep forgetting.

Are you running the Schumacher RWD?

Cool. RWD is way more addictive!

A big struggle for me was finding grip on the rear. A guy was trying to help me tune it but just kept adding sprung weight which kinda helped but ruined the speed and handling.

Changed it for a bit of unsprung weight, less camber, wheel weights and now it's better. Just need the gears but I'm putting so much back into my company this year that everything else is taking a back burner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all just been reading through the thread while stuck on the M1 in traffic, on way to gatwick airport. Very good read a lot of information.

I have had a 3Racing Sakura D3 for about 18months, it's totally stock and I have only used it on car parks. I want to get into a little more drifting. Is the D4 RWD a better rig as I'm not really a fan of all this CS ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk