• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Clone vs Genuine - throwing petrol on the fire of debate!

Carpmart

Hi all, not saying the km are no good, just general thoughts here on the whole clone vs original argument, like i said i am even tempted my self at km version, it does look good for the price, im just not sure whick way to go if i get one, yes i agree that they will both need upgrading, im of to a bash today where some guys are running km and hpi aswell i think so i can get a good look how they both perform etc

There are lots of angles on the clone scene, and they all matter to some extent.

My main concern is whether the product actually stands up on it's own or not. If it does....then you can move on to the ethical arguments. If it doesn't....then there is no need to bother anyway.

I often wonder if KM or Rovan could design a car of their own from scratch, how good would it be. Got to be better than the Yama...

The Japanese motorcycle industry started off copying British designs....then moved on to build stuff that that put the rest of the world to shame. Maybe. one day soon, KM will do the same  and come up with some world beating new design :)