• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra V100 vs. TT01 for budget & dual purpose?

TurboFurball

No, not at the mo, for now is just a shelfy ... 

I've got a brand new Tamiya Nismo Skyline R34 bodyshell which is going to become the shelf queen while the Silvia is going to be used for drifting. I'm waiting for a new rolling chassis for the Skyline... 

Edited by catalin4u24

• 1 month later...

Just noticed the splitter is part of the chassis. Can this be swapped for the foam bumper? ( looking at the images on Ms website)

VB.

Edited by vandalbulldog

Hop ups are fairly expensive though which is why I've kept it down to a minimum. I just wanted to get it basically bulletproof. The Vaterra shocks are terrible and come with no preload spacers hence the shock swap. Had to order a few bits in from the US but the V100 is still a fairly new bit of kit. horizon closed up shop here so Germany is the closest outlet but can still take 2 weeks to get the parts IF they are in stock. Just lucky its a solid chassis so it can take abuse.

• Like 1

I'm going to mention on this thread (for the benefit of anyone else comparing Vaterra t100 models that the Silvia's bodyshell has built in light clusters on both front and read which will take 3&5mm LED kits straight in where as the Camero kit we have has "fake" self adhesive light stickers with no option to put in LED's. The Silvia also comes with an optional rear spoiler which you see in the images from Horizon and Vaterra.

Hope this helps anyone researching, I'll keep updating other differences as I find them (including anything on the Mustang which I am picking up tomorrow).

:)

Well, I've had the Mustang for a while now and haven't broken anything.  Just made a few tweaks here and there and put on a Deans connector, with a 2s in it runs just fine for my needs :thumbsup: 

For future reference, the Mustang doesn't have headlight bowls, which is a pity since it's a very pretty shell.

Thank you kindly sir! Got a few shells. Wreaked my integrale shell though few weeks back. Got my NSX GT shell left though.

WP_20150205_12_08_30_Pro_zps3d3a4e1e.jpg

Integrale before it got wreaked.

FB_20141017_21_44_07_Saved_Picture_zpsa2

NSX GT in Purple Crush

WP_20141205_17_33_12_Pro_zps15e1a423.jpg

HPI Venom T10

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Any 1:10 tourer with a 257mm wheelbase will fit. 190mm bodyshells need 3mm front and 6mm back, 200mm shells need 6mm front, 9mm back. Some 200mm shells are really 195mm like the Venom so check beforehand but yeah, any will fit. I get mine

from Ebay mainly. Banzai Hobby are good for Obscure drift shells.

Main bugger with the Vaterra is they use 26mm width front and 30mm back wheels with a 67mm tyre so they are bigger than a standard touring wheel and tyre but any 1:10 touring wheel will go on. Those chromes I have are +10mm offset but with the camber kit fit spot on with the original shell which is 195mm like the Venom.

Edited by NuttyProfessor
  • Like 1