• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

King motors

Harris2258

Sounds good kidder, you liking the size of it? Proper isnt it, I haven't had mine out yet hoping to get out tomorrow, thats if I feel any better, lol! Cant wait to get it run in properly so I can take it out and use it for what its made for, GRASS RIPPING! I had another one and it got nicked so im haveing to run my new one in,

He'll definitely like the km baja, 002c 29cc ported is very nice, but I did like the 29cc 002b that I had aswell the orange one, I loved the baja but its gone now and iv got this new one and it looks very good, iv run it in with half a tank, only because I didnt have any more fresh fuel im going to finish running it in today.

Hope he gets one, when is he thinking of getting one?

I dont know this part because I havent had a engine go, but im sure if you didnt run a "hpi" engine in properly that would also blow up, I cant stress to people enough about running a 2 stroke in wether it be km or hpi it still has to be done,

kids are getting km's straight out the box reving the hell out of them and hitting things, and ten minutes later its nackered and then blame the product, bull crap run it in! And treat um right and they'll treat you right

Edited by flatout!

I had my old 29cc km and I had the throttle wide open bending the throttle bar literally, and it didnt blow up mate, and I run it in properly, well as I do anyways, it was going round a feild flatout! Mate I couldnt get it any better tuned lovely and held a tune too,

I dont know about years lol! But it'll last a lot longer if its run in right, I must go on about running in all the time and I bet people are thinking shut up about the same thing over and over, I just dont wont people to get it straight out the box and thrashing it right away, full throttle all over the place, hit a tree and then turn round and say, There crap them I hit a tree and its broke lol! It makes me laugh if you hit a tree size equivalent to your real car it would write it off, Dont you think? And I think its exactly the same with the engine, if you don't treat it right its not going to treat you right, thats the way I look at it, maybe im wrong but its always worked for me,

I built a ford cross flow engine and it cost me a lot of money to build, lightened flywheel and all the works lots of money spent, and I had to run that in, a bit different but the same idea.

Did you say you had the hpi baja?

A would say go for a KM baja deffo mine has been spot on so far the only isse i had with it was my own doing when fitting a kill switch i didnt line the coil up at first so it jammed on the flywheel and wouldnt pull but took the engine casing back off and lined it all up and it fired as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi matey, im just poping a update on about my 002c 29cc ported,

I had it out in the mud yesterday https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3m52i00jt2nbaz/2015-02-04%2015.01.31.jpg?dl=0 and it was awesome, shame I couldnt get the grip because its got some toque that much it was just spinning up coming out of corners, even on these monster buggy tyres that I think are ok but running this new 29cc ported engine there not up to it, https://www.dropbox.com/s/14ho3dgebeelzws/2015-02-04%2023.48.46.jpg?dl=0

I think im in desperate need of some hostiles on the rear for sure, ;) so its going to be a set of hostiles and a hi-tec servo for the throttle and break,

the speed of this standed t/b servo isnt up to the response this engine has, so if he was to go for the 002c id just advice him to do the same hostiles on the rear and a quicker t/b servo,

has your mate ever had anything like this before?

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought some today and im very proud if it iv bought my first set of hostiles mx nightmares with some v3 Silverback beadlocks in blue,

I smashed the standed km monster tyres to bits the other day, its a good place I was at but clearly hard on tyres,

on my old 002b I had the monster tyres on that and they were lasting a while, I only went on grass though,

but I have used this new one on sand, gravel, somtimes on woodland type terrain and thats a bit harder on the tyres I suppose.

has your mate been watching videos on these bajas?