• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rctech132's HPI Baja 5B Flux

rctech132

It has to be fitted within a set distance between ESC and battery wires, instructions are in the pack.

We've run a pair of bl badgers with cap packs fitted and both escs are in perfect health :)

At last Harvey, converted to the dark side of fifthscale ;)

All will be revealed, hopefully later this week!

TBH, I'm very excited about it.  A certain key member of the forum staff has worked bloody hard on the build and its looking great!

For new rear tyres I'm thinking Hostile Nightmare MX? Are these good tyres for off road? Will they be a direct swap over or will I need different foams and inserts ect.

Hostile MX are spot on, order silverback beadlocks and beadlock screws. You can belt foams and tyres, or spring for a set of zero growth foams...

Mini MX are crap, won't get any grip at all on the rears, work ok on the fronts though..

Still expect plenty of wheelspin, and don't ever stand directly behind your badger, make sure someone else does ;)

would you consider this overkill on a mamba monster running 6s?

I've read somewhere that the Mamba Monster is not suited to a cap-pack. I believe it's actually harmful to run one on the 3M (that's Mamba Monster Max.). I can't remember where I read it, but it was official, not heresy.

I'm thinking hostile nightmare mx on the rear and I'll stay with the stock for now on the front but I do quite like the look of the hostile nightmare mx for the front as well...

would you consider this overkill on a mamba monster running 6s?

I emailed Castle and they've replied straight back, the Monster 2 is definitely compatible with the cap-pack. He didn't mention earlier versions.

Excuse the threadjack.

I'm thinking hostile nightmare mx on the rear and I'll stay with the stock for now on the front but I do quite like the look of the hostile nightmare mx for the front as well...

I run Hostile Nightmare MXs on the rear, stock Dirt Busters up front, great set-up. Especially as the stock fronts are so cheap! ;)

I run Hostile Nightmare MXs on the rear, stock Dirt Busters up front, great set-up. Especially as the stock fronts are so cheap! ;)

Do they come in different compounds? Think it's time to try something different to the KM monster fronts on mine.

Do they come in different compounds? Think it's time to try something different to the KM monster fronts on mine.

The Dirt Busters are one compound only, but for fronts it's less of an issue. Especially for a basher.

Finally some pics of this monster. Only had it up and down the road so far and the rear tyres are already showing signs of wear! Oh well here are some pics.
Tried to show how enormous this motor is...

As you can see its only got one scuff and thats from me driving it over the curb lol. The chassis has some type of very thick plastic film on it which is meant to be super tough and will protect from scratches and other hard objects. As you can see car is as new and I'm very happy with it! It sounds so silent too no loud noises like the savage flux but very smooth :)
I think I'm gonna need a bigger shelf to put my cars on!
Another better pic of the monster electronics....

Edited by rctech132

Right so got some money again... Question is... new rear tyres for the Baja or get another receiver, as I'm now one short, and get my Savage Flux back in order...

Weren't you selling the Savvy?

Get tyres and start learning Baja! It's an amazing and unique language! ;)

And that's coming from someone who loves his Savvy!

Yeah I sold one of my savage flux but I still got my main one which is now without receiver and needs some little bits. I'd never sell my savage flux lol.