• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Scx10 ... D90 build ...

Tatts

• 2 weeks later...

I think there radshapes own bud, i have em on my scx :) look cool as but make a horrible sound scraping over rocks lol.

Thanks chap  :yes:

sorry to hear about issues with the shocks pal. they standard ones once rebuild using somebetter orings work fine. upgrade is another option but more expensive.

The skids are a great idea but you will find they do seem to get caught up more then running with out. Yeah axle casing when abuse can look tatty but they can replaced easy enough too. It a trade off to which i am sure you will find your preference.

Big headache with the shocks and it seems no one wants to help despite it being brand new, extremely dissapointed to be honest. Even the second one I bought as garbage shocks so I've ordered the tamiya o rings to try and save them before I buy some proline or Gmade.

I bought a D90 shell without doing any homework and if I knew it was this much hassle I would have just bought a Gelande 2. It would have been cheaper and easier lol.

First job was to sort some links to shorten the wheelbase (thanks gaz)

DSC01030_zps298010b3.jpg

But that meant I needed a new servo mount

DSC01038_zpsac7f5cc3.jpg

The problem was, with the shorter wheelbase my servo would not fit. The cables fouled the shock brace no matter what I did or what servo I used

DSC01032_zpsbc1aaf7a.jpg

That meant removing the shock brace and securing the shock towers with m3 bolts so my servo now fits

DSC01059_zpsd13568d2.jpg

DSC01060_zps90db7e33.jpg

The next problem I had was the new servo plate was hitting the receiver box giving me very little flex. This started the next job of moving the battery and receiver box. The battery is now upfront (sideways on) and the receiver box at the back. The receiver box is just attatched to the rear shock support using the old servo mount as shown below.

DSC01047_zps68e51868.jpg

DSC01048_zpsad73f962.jpg

DSC01049_zps29d7acc9.jpg

DSC01051_zps42016212.jpg

DSC01052_zpsf3606c9e.jpg

DSC01053_zpsce766013.jpg

DSC01054_zps60f55c3b.jpg

Battery mounting

DSC01040_zps1fc1383d.jpg

DSC01042_zps5fce4b9e.jpg

DSC01055_zps1fd903e2.jpg

A couple more jobs done. Time is limited now so I won't get much done for the next 2 weeks, I will be looking into how to paint my shell and what colour soon :)

Bumpers marked up and fitted along with the mud flaps. Not sure what to do with the tabs on the rear of the body?

one_zps1bd05fbc.jpg

two_zpsadc61b61.jpg

three_zpsd0cd695b.jpg

• Like 1