• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what car for starting out racing?

woza

Hi guys I am thinking bout getting into racing/ hitting local track. My question is what 1/8 buggy kit?. I have narrowed it down to three cars the Xray XB9e, losi 8 3.0e or the sworks s350 be1. I currently own a rc8T FT brushless conversion and a xray 808 2010 spec. Im looking at running at fairlop rc track in essex. The track is astro and dirt. No crazy jumps or bumps and not to technical from what I have seen. What would you choose and why?.

I'll comment more to 'bump' your post, but I'd say your best bet would be to go to your local club meets and speak to people and see what they're running and and check rules/ specifications and go from there pal. I don't own any of your three options and nor am I a racer so I can't comment further....but every little helps I guess

Impossible to say which is best as they are all very capable buggies and you'd be happy with whichever you choose. Why not take your 808 to the track and do a race or two with it? While your there I'm sure you'll be able to have a look at the other buggies there and be able to ask questions about them.

• 2 months later...

I chose the xb9e after I had a tekno'd hotbodies D8 hara. On a stock setup @PDMCC I was 4 seconds faster on a wet track with the xray than I was on a dry track with the D8 (geared for same speed). I love the look of the sworkz also the battery setup but guys I know have had problems with the nitro version due to breakages. Just one on xray plastic parts. I went over a kicker @ full speed front left wheel hit a concrete post. Only thing to break was an inner wheel bearing. Sworkz done the same only backwards and broke the rear ally hinge plate. Losi done exactly the same as I did and bent his front inner hinge pin. Draw back from xb9e is they moved to the xb8e already so parts might become scarce soon. Also they cost a fortune. So I haven't helped at all probably but just my opinion on the subject