• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hi i have an acme condor

joshbozier

Sh engines arent that bad mate all the losi rcs use sh engines. Including the gasoline lst which has a modified sh nitro engine to jse 2 stroke.

have you looked at the lrp z18 engine lots of hpi guys put those in as upgrsdes over the g3.0

Are you going to beef up the drive train ect, with cnc machines you might be able to make custom gears to get the most from the chosen engine.

If you finish it and its reliable you'll deserve a distiction on the project or AAA+

Its a twist carb tho are you set on slide?

https://www.lrp.cc/en/products/nitro-engines/110-on-offroad-engines/produkt/lrp-nitro-motor-z18s-pro-spec3-pullstart/details/

If your set on a 21 slide carb this looks a good deal.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221610183683?nav=SEARCH

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

ive relised if i turn the servo round i can use a slife carb was gonna beef it with 21 engine might just settle with the lrp 18 looks rad and both diffs are metal gearing already and ive just relised the schumacher menace 3 speed gear bog will fit in the crappy two speed transmission houseing but to put the clutch bell in correct place il have to move the engine back a tad. the ****ty design if the condor means u cant use the starter bod flywheel holes too small and dont wanna weaken chassis any more...

the hpi firestorm had 2 idle tanks tonight started like a dream

• 2 weeks later...