• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what durable body

I am looking for a body shell for a slash 4x4. I am very new to rc cars so ant help will be gratefully received.

It is for general bashing and I want it to last as long as possible. Looking around the forums the suggestion seems to be a jconcepts body will last the longest. Are these available in the UK? and if not what is the best body stocked by a UK supplier.

Also how to I toughen it up. fibre glass tape? and what is shoe goo?

I've had no problems with prolne shells failing on any of my cars. My slash has taken some big licks on skate parks and country parks(my boy even ran over it on his bike) and the pro line shell is not cracked. The paint has flaked off in places but that might be my paint prep not the shell.

Some people think they can hit a jump at full speed and put their truck 20ft in the air land on the roof and expect the shell to be fine!

I've always found the original Slash bodies to be very tough compared to some of the aftermarket ones

This. My stock shells are thicker but softer and take a fair beating. My proline shells don't feel as thick but they feel more brittle.