• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any thoughts on this?

SWest82

Hi all, still looking for the right electric rc car for my son (who is 10). I've been looking through reviews and the e-firestorm has some great reviews but as the 'flux' which is much faster than we (he) needs. Anyone have any experience / opinions of the below? Also what battery set up would you recommend? https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/105845

Thanks again!!

ive just got one of these :) exactly the same as that. 

its good fun. i like it a lot. for the money you wont find better. Also it leaves upgrade potential for when your son gets used to it. I've used mine on a bmx track, a skate park and a big field and I'm yet to break it. 

I would advise getting a couple of extra batteries and a fast charger though because your son will want to play with it a lot. 

Edited by Daveyb84

Before the current waterproofed version of the Flux, many people preferred buying the cheaper brushed version of the Firestorm and fitting a brushless system themselves. It is the exact same model, just with less powerful electrics, something you can easily and relatively chealy upgrade later.

Therefore its pretty much the perfect starting point.

The firestorm is a great car. Got my son 1 for Christmas. Tough little bugger. We have the brushed version and it is more than quick enough even for myself. Ran it with a 2s lipo today and it was awesome.

Highly recommended.

sent from my OnePlus One using crapatalk