• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Running help

Dannymitchell506

Started my hyper 7 tq2 for the first time today. Done one whole tank on idel then done second tank on 1/4 throttle. When I put the third tank in and tried doing 1/2 throttle it was really bogging out. I tried Justin gate Hsn and Lsn but still not much difference. I don't really know what I'm doing so I was just turning them either way to try get it running. I put it back to factory and still was bogging. It also took a long time to use a full tank. I don't know whether that normal or not but I would say each tank lasted a good half hour 45 mins. Any help is needed and thanks

start with the needle settings at factory,

While the car is running lift it clear of the ground and raise the throttle to about halfway,

now turn the main jet in slowly about 1/8 of a turn and the engine should start to rev higher,   not too much to start with till the engine is bed in a little better,

never run a new engine too lean,   you need to see smoke

bogging is normal its going to be set to rich from factory which will overfuel it and make it bog down 

im fairly new to the rc scene as well but watch some youtube videos and read all the stickies on here and your have a good idea of what to do!

to rich = no damage 

to lean = over heating and chance of blowing your engine up 

I think it is fuel but I couldn't seem to solve it but going to give it another try tomorrow maye , it's my first car so slowly learning ahah

Spend a few hours watching How to run nitro engines in and how to tune videos on YouTube :)