• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7tq sport battery holder

Wraithstorm67

hi all got myself a hyper 7 which I can't wait to break in but to be honest I don't like

the battery holder and was wondering if there is a sealed battery holder which will take a hump pack

Instead of the standard holder thanks in advance

The older Hyper 7 has the battery outside of the box...and it will use a flat battery pack...the newer TQ2 has a box that will only hold a hump pack...

Both the hump and flat battery are water proof...generally (and within reason)...you can put the newer (TQ2) box on the older cars and vice versa.

Old style has two different battery mounts...one for a four times AA or hump pack and one for a flat pack...but the battery will always be external

I've got a brand new tq2 and I can't wait to break it in either , I've just bought the stick pack which is supposed to fit better in the battery pack but it doesn't fit at all , I was wondering the same question what else can we do?

TQ2 uses a hump pack.

Edited by Anthoop

TQ has a box like in this picture- http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t243/Anfhoop/Rally3.jpg

TQ2 has box like in this picture- http://www.ofna.com/images/hyper7-tq-nitro/battery-box-750.jpg

Edit changed link trying to make it clearer....if needs be I can take some pictures of both old and new...when the light is better (my camera sucks). :)

Edited by Anthoop

The older Hyper 7 has the battery outside of the box...and it will use a flat battery pack...the newer TQ2 has a box that will only hold a hump pack...

Both the hump and flat battery are water proof...generally (and within reason)...you can put the newer (TQ2) box on the older cars and vice versa.

Old style has two different battery mounts...one for a four times AA or hump pack and one for a flat pack...but the battery will always be external

TQ2 uses a hump pack.[/quote

Cheers Anthoop just did a quick search and could only find one in modelforceuk with them in stock

I didn't realise they had changed the box on the tq2 much better design I think cheers

Cheers Anthoop just did a quick search and could only find one in modelforceuk with them in stock

I didn't realise they had changed the box on the tq2 much better design I think cheers

The problem (for me at least) with the newer (TQ2) box is that the area for the receiver is tiny....again I will say that there is no real problem with having the battery exposed.

Oh and if you want to buy a TQ2 box then look up marderboy on Ebay...

Edited by Anthoop

This is my current battery setup. I actually switched from the 'newer' version to this (due to extremely tight fit of the Spektrum rx I'm running). The Hobao rx is incredibly small compared to most other rxs. .

I've long wanted to try a forward mount on this vehicle, and I have the laydown tray, which if I get creative think I can do. 

Regardless, I've had zero problems with the below. 

photo8_zps9b934579.jpg