• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Schern

You really notice the lack of graphical power going from a 360 to the Wii. Zelda looks quite good, but nothing like what most games look like on the 360, but to be honest I didn't buy it for the graphics. Its supposed to be a fair bit more powerful than the gamecube, so it should be capable of a fair bit more. WiiSports and WiiPlay are really nice looking, but they're not particularly demanding.

yeah i think they thought that Sony and Microsoft are not making consoles what people remember them for, the best thing i think about a console is u get a few mates round and have some fun, just put the disk in and play.

If i wanted state of the art graphics i would buy a pc not a console because i think that is you bought a state of the art pc it would run games better than any console out, i mean ok u cannot have HD on a pc.

Yeah, but if you price up a pc that will run games at the same quality as a 360 or PS3, then I bet your talking a damn site more money than the console! The graphics card alone will cost that much! And yeah I know, internet blah, word blah photoshop blah, but the vast majority of that other stuff you could do on a £200 pc!

Apparently the component cable that you can buy separately makes a big difference to the quality. Reckon I'll get one soon and give it a go. Just gets a bit annoying having to swap the component cables around for each console and dvd player. Unless I can find a high quality component switching box though I reckon I'll have to put up with it. I've got a fairly decent component cable for my DVD player, and it seems a shame to then run it through some shabby switching box!

If any of you have played metroid Prime on a GC then you'll know that the graphics power is a lot more than you'd think ;) It's easily one of the best looking games I've ever seen and I own a 360 running in HD.

To be honest, when it comes to graphics, it depends alot more on the game developers than the console. So if the Wii is only a little better than the GC I'll be happy, but it's not about the graphics anyway. It's about the gameplay, and Nintendo ALWAYS rule in that! :D

Yeah, but if you price up a pc that will run games at the same quality as a 360 or PS3, then I bet your talking a damn site more money than the console!

The BluRay drives in a PS3 alone cost upwards of £400! So you're definitely saving money. And you don't have to put up with windows either :P

I'm definitely getting a Wii at some point, just no yet.

Anyway, I've said enough :whistling:

Fantus

Just like the Gamecube there has been a bit of rush for the Wii and they go for silly money on ebay when the shops are out of stock,then a few months later they can be had for £99 with a couple of games.

Yes gameplay is important but Nintendos games tend to be on the cute side with the odd exception,it really is aimed at kids more than any other console.

Give it a few weeks and people will be getting rid of them when they get tired of it,it wont have any lasting appeal just like every other Nintendo console since the NES/SNES era.

yeah i think they thought that Sony and Microsoft are not making consoles what people remember them for, the best thing i think about a console is u get a few mates round and have some fun, just put the disk in and play.

If i wanted state of the art graphics i would buy a pc not a console because i think that is you bought a state of the art pc it would run games better than any console out, i mean ok u cannot have HD on a pc.

you can have hd on pc i do and i think they will be fun but not realy my cup of tea the wii

ist it high defintion (spelling) lol,

You can get these HD ready teles, with a keybored and its like a PC with a 40inch screen lol

wii - is all about fun, having mates round and being laffed out try to bowl lol,

360- All about HD grafics, Soem game play and for seruiuse gamers, or fun lol

Ps3, Am i right in saying this Is the best graffics if you play on sonys Blue ray tv?, Overall i don't liek playstations that much, i'm a Xbox guy :good:

i'd get the Wii before i got the ps3 (if i get a ps3) don't really want a ps3 TBH

I liek um all lol

Danny g

RIGHT!

LEwy. you can buy these TV'S that have a keyboard the tv is 40 inch i think, its liek a huge ASS PC, i sed nothing about the pc having to be 40inch now did it

LInk

Staff Note to user:

warning increased,watch your language

Please read our forum guidelines.

see i tired telling my mate that his pc monitor would play his Xbox in HD and he was like, no it wont and he had a right go at me, and i am running a 19inch screen on 1280x1024.....

HD = High Definition. All that it means is that it is a HIGH RESOLOUTION + some fancy tube and frequency terms.

You can watch HD Movies, TV or Games on your standard PC monitor, at 1024x768 and it is HD. Thats all it means. The only reason it is new in TV is because they have only ever recorderd in low resoloutions, only recently have they upped it.

HD with a Xbox360 and HD TV will be upto 1920 x 1080 so that isn't quite there ;)

Because it's Widescreen, it can't have a 4:3 aspect res' or it will squash/stretch.

So Lewy is right, you can have HD on most PC Monitors. ;)

see i tired telling my mate that his pc monitor would play his Xbox in HD and he was like, no it wont and he had a right go at me, and i am running a 19inch screen on 1280x1024.....

tell him to get this mate, its the one what i used :) and it comes with a lil adapter thing too to use on CRT monitors B)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XBOX-360-VGA-HD-AV-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

HD = High Definition. All that it means is that it is a HIGH RESOLOUTION + some fancy tube and frequency terms.

You can watch HD Movies, TV or Games on your standard PC monitor, at 1024x768 and it is HD. Thats all it means. The only reason it is new in TV is because they have only ever recorderd in low resoloutions, only recently have they upped it.

Because it's Widescreen, it can't have a 4:3 aspect res' or it will squash/stretch.

So Lewy is right, you can have HD on most PC Monitors. ;)

I had assumed 1280x1024 resolution was a widecsreen one without thinking about it first :whistling: