• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra - glamis uno / twin hammers

shuff

After abit of guidance guys.

I'm after a new car for my little lad and my self.

Previously had a hype 7.5, sold that and had a firestorm, now got a losinight crawler and maverick ion for the little un'.

Now I'm after something with abit of speed that will also stand upto abit of a hard landing ect.

Now I like both the vaterra uno and hammers,

But how fast would the hammers actually be, with it being a rock racer?

I'll be using them at work (cemetery, so hills / woods / grass and Tarmac (not over graves I'll add))

I'm also 2 minutes from a quarry and mountain bike tracks and off roading (lee mill in bacup, rossendale) so that's got jumps and burns in gravel and also places with water and stuff.

So would a rock racer be upto producing speed (out of the box) or would a glamis be better?

Thanks a lot, Ben.

Hello there Ben. I would defiantly have to say the glamis uno would be the best option for me personally as it has tones of speed! The water wont be a problem either so no need to worry about that, only just make sure the receiver box rubber flaps are closed before use. I've had my glamis for about a week now and I've had it running through water, going up jumps and its amazing honestly. 

The twin hammers is pretty slow in stock form. Also the steering setup is terrible and has loads of slop right out of the box. That's not to say it isn't fun, but from what you have described I don't think its the right car for you.

Well that's grand to know chaps.

thanks for your replys.

Will hopefully get myself one in the new year, will start sortin some lipos now for one, and some sand claws aswell! Then it will be all action go when I get a glamis then!

I bought a glamis fear a few months ago and to to say its great fun,on and off road,fast aswell on 2s lipo which comes with the buggy.

I agree! It's great fun!