• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage XL Octane

AndyG1979

Evening all,

Managed to get one tank through but its way way to noisy for me.  It amazes me just how loud it is.  Is this normal for petrol r/c?  I also think if I'm honest its way outside my level of r/c.  As I'm just getting back into it I want something a little closer to my skill level.  Im in 2 minds if I should put it in the back of the garage or try and sell it on.

My biggest problem is the wife has said no to anything else until its gone lol

Brushless conversion lol. defeats the purpose but i bet atleast one has had a conversion already.

I wonder if anyones done the alza 5t conversion on the octane yet too.

How to silence it tho surley thers ways. Is it the pipe that's so noisy or the engine revving up so high.

Edited by RCbutcher

Evening all,

Managed to get one tank through but its way way to noisy for me.  It amazes me just how loud it is.  Is this normal for petrol r/c?  I also think if I'm honest its way outside my level of r/c.  As I'm just getting back into it I want something a little closer to my skill level.  Im in 2 minds if I should put it in the back of the garage or try and sell it on.

My biggest problem is the wife has said no to anything else until its gone lol

Have a look here      http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/200958-quieter-pipe-for-savage-xl-octane/

Right I've decided to sell it on.  Ive just bought a truggy so feel I can't really justify keeping this.  I did want to keep it and come back to it next year but its a bit to much money to sit not being used!

I do feel a bit annoyed with myself for giving up so quickly but really want to just get out there and have some fun.

Will be in the for sale section once I get some pics taken this week.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to me and offer some advice..

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Right I've decided to sell it on.  Ive just bought a truggy so feel I can't really justify keeping this.  I did want to keep it and come back to it next year but its a bit to much money to sit not being used!

I do feel a bit annoyed with myself for giving up so quickly but really want to just get out there and have some fun.

Will be in the for sale section once I get some pics taken this week.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to me and offer some advice..

Thanks

Andy

Probably the right decission I would not recomend the Octane as a single truck to own, much better to have another truck to use when the Octane wont go.

Just reading through this thread again has been very interesting, all the people that have not owned an Octane are saying "stick with it" and the few that have or do own one are saying they are A PITA. :whistling:

how about giving it a good run in then see how you like it.

Yer, I'm in 2 minds. I'm not going to rush it and sell it for silly money and if nobody wants it I will just keep it.

Whilst I'm waiting I've nothing to loose by keeping trying with it.

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Im defiantly going to stick with it.  Ive not exactly spent hours on it yet so no need to give up just yet.

I certainly wouldn't be putting it back on eBay for someone else to spend money on something that didn't work.  Its just not the way I work.  It'll just be a lesson learned and I will move one to another truck.

Keep trying I have the hpi baja 5b ss mate it used to do my head in on cold days so easy to flood the engine is your plug getting wet ?

Never used or tried to starting but same sort of engines.

Get your self a kill switch also don't want a run away.