• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Manor RC Mansfield Woodhouse

Dubberz

Is the EMB-1 any good?

I can't get near Lee with it.... but that's prob as much me as the buggy. It's a solid little thing too (in kit form - some rtr have lots of plastic, newer rtr kits are better supposedly..)  I bought mine to take on hols to France with and have a laugh with - it loves the skate park as much as a Tarmac road, but off road it's size is a killer obv.  So far, bar the shell in the cold, I've broken nothing despite some lairy driving, T-bones helped some though.

There's a huge owners thread Neil if your bored and fancy a read:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/173072-shumacher-lc-racing-emb-1/

• Like 1

I can't get near Lee with it.... but that's prob as much me as the buggy. It's a solid little thing too (in kit form - some rtr have lots of plastic, newer rtr kits are better supposedly..) I bought mine to take on hols to France with and have a laugh with - it loves the skate park as much as a Tarmac road, but off road it's size is a killer obv. So far, bar the shell in the cold, I've broken nothing despite some lairy driving, T-bones helped some though.

There's a huge owners thread Neil if your bored and fancy a read:

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/173072-shumacher-lc-racing-emb-1/

Setup is key with the little ones. With the rally blocks you get so much grip you want the car as planted as possible but to clear the 1/10 obstacles you need ride height which in turn gives you roll!. Anti roll bars and a little toe in work for me and I can leather it into most corners!

Be good if you got one Neil. 4 or 5 regulars may secure us a heat!

Can't see that happening, I think a lot of us do other stuff Sunday's as well as Manor :naughty:

Setup is key with the little ones. With the rally blocks you get so much grip you want the car as planted as possible but to clear the 1/10 obstacles you need ride height which in turn gives you roll!. Anti roll bars and a little toe in work for me and I can leather it into most corners!

Looking forward to the day (hopefully soon) when we just go and 'tinker' with set ups.  Currently tracking down some harder springs, I think the mini8 ones are recommended - with any luck I'll have attempted to spray that Phat body by then so I can get some airflow to the electrics and try different gearing.

Looking forward to the day (hopefully soon) when we just go and 'tinker' with set ups. Currently tracking down some harder springs, I think the mini8 ones are recommended - with any luck I'll have attempted to spray that Phat body by then so I can get some airflow to the electrics and try different gearing.

When I put the hard springs on the front it made a huge difference. Kept soft on the back though as with the hard on the the back it tended to skip out.

If i was going for a buggy then I'd probably go for the buggy version of my desert truck

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/dromida-bx4.18-1-18-4wd-buggy/rc-car-products/387698

Plenty of hop ups, most things can be changed for aluminum, and it's very cheap  and RTR

are there loads of upgrades for it? spares ok as well?

Yes mate, DMS racing and Trackside Spares stock all the bits you'll need. All I have broken is the front shock tower which I replaced with a Thumb Designs Carbon one. Plenty of aftermarket custom upgrades to aid tuning and weight/strength. Plus they are cheap!

right so my shortlist 

LC Racing emb-1

FTX colt

FTX blaze

Carisma gt14b

Turnigy 

Associated RC18

the only thing that worries me about the 1/18 i cant find lipos for them, i can find them for the 1/16 

Get the GTB then lipos are

As a few of you have mentioned hobbyking, do they ship from the UK?

They do, if you choose the Uk warehouse.  Prices are obv a little higher than EU (still no tax from Eu) or international but uk warehouse means quick and hassle free (although I'm suspicious sometimes they've shipped me stuff from abroad even when I've ordered from the Uk warehouse.

just wondering because I put something into my basket and went to paypal to see what postage would be but on PP it showed USD

I think that's 'normal' for them, so long as you ordered from the UK warehouse you won't get hit with customs (and if you did they'd have to sort).