• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Manor RC Mansfield Woodhouse

Dubberz

On DubberZ recommendation I'm using the rally blocks too, but yellow compound as I'm too tight to run whites. I did try the block type tyres that shipped with my EMB, they were too trippy, tried on road tyres and they were far to slippy.

Been there today to check the place out, met a couple of the guys there , good friendly atmosphere, so gunna give it ago next sunday, first time at racing, got to get myself new rc kit now, sounds like durango is the way foward, got be 4 wheel drive for me, have been into rc for a good few years now but never had any experiance with race set ups on a new kit, any advice on motors and gearing would be appreciated, also liked the look of the smaller green buggy i saw there, think that was the carisma from what one of the guys was telling me maybe that might be good fir a first time at racing

Been there today to check the place out, met a couple of the guys there , good friendly atmosphere, so gunna give it ago next sunday, first time at racing, got to get myself new rc kit now, sounds like durango is the way foward, got be 4 wheel drive for me, have been into rc for a good few years now but never had any experiance with race set ups on a new kit, any advice on motors and gearing would be appreciated, also liked the look of the smaller green buggy i saw there, think that was the carisma from what one of the guys was telling me maybe that might be good fir a first time at racing

Nice to meet you too pal! I'm sure you will fit right in! What have you decided on?

Hi, just looking at durango dex210 rtr from mb models looks good, i think it would be a good way to get into racing without spending to much straight away on a full blown race kit then i can progress from there later, any advice on this car would be appreciated, also are spares easy to get, and batterys should i be looking at for race meetings, i already have 2 good lipo chargers and some 2 cell 4000 mah batteries which i use for bashing, also what spares would be worth getting for this car to keep me going at the track

Hi Jim, I'm not very au fait with Durango's, but plenty run them at Manor - rtr kits with bl combos seem pretty cheap and judging by the amount of hop ups I've seen used ones sell with there looks to be a reasonable 3rd party spares market.

Personally I can't recommend enough going with a 1:14 like Dubberz Carisma, or my EMB - I 'm sure Dubberz would agree.  There both pretty competitive at Manor with the 1:10's - what they lose in top end speed they more than make up for in cornering.  My EMB is capable of more, let down by the organic interface behind the Tx.  I'm sure you saw how well the Carisma goes - it would probably have took 1st in the A final had I not took it out whilst it was lapping me. 

As Capri-boy has said, track suits the my Carisma and the EMB too. I guess it boils down to personal preference. Are you looking at taking it elsewhere? Parts for the Carisma are easy to get hold of from various places as they are widely used in the micro nationals. As for the Durango 210 and 410, people seem to be pulling spares out their haulers all the time so I would say availability is fine. I have had no issues with my GTB at all other than a broken front shock tower and I've raced approximately 15-20 meets

Hi, thanks for info, like the look of the carisma, is it gtb kit, atrt rolling chassis, seen it on cml site, but it says 1/16th scale in description, is that the right one, if so i need to get it ordered quick for sunday and get some electronics in there for sunday, ive got spectrum tx and rx already, what size motor and esc would you recomend, want brushless set up, also what gearing to run, i can order it all in one go then and hopefully get motor in there ready for sunday

Hi, thanks for info, like the look of the carisma, is it gtb kit, atrt rolling chassis, seen it on cml site, but it says 1/16th scale in description, is that the right one, if so i need to get it ordered quick for sunday and get some electronics in there for sunday, ive got spectrum tx and rx already, what size motor and esc would you recomend, want brushless set up, also what gearing to run, i can order it all in one go then and hopefully get motor in there ready for sunday

GTB kit is it, it does say 1/16:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=373263&gclid=CjwKEAiA_s2lBRCe1YPXxtSe-DcSJACCIh3LBmV75fa52lfH474Fu8ZiuD349xTUMnT1JQnzPPObXxoCXtPw_wcB

There's prob a thread on them if you get time to read up, Dubberz is prob at work.  If you inbox him though he'll prob pick it up.  I can't help with what leccy's he has fitted, I know he runs 2200 2S nano's and pretty sure the alu motor mount is a must for these.

Here's the thread - 

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/168061-carisma-gtb-116th-belt-drive-offroad-micro-thread/

As Capri-boy said, all links and info in that thread. When I get home I can compile a list on the 'must get' upgrades but if you check out tracksidespares and dms racing you'll get a good idea of the recommended upgrades.

Hi all, decided to get durango 210, so will be there sunday for a first try out, as said never raced before so should be fun watching me try to get round the track, key word there (try) lol.

Hi all, decided to get durango 210, so will be there sunday for a first try out, as said never raced before so should be fun watching me try to get round the track, key word there (try) lol.

Great stuff!  You'll do fine btw - my first meet I was atrocious!  Now i'm merely bad.  We start at 1, if you can get there a little ealier to help set up / meet n greet then you should get a little more practice time on track before the heats.

I'm on an early start night shift Sunday so don't know if i'm going to make it or not :/  Was looking forward to giving the Vantage Pro a run out too.  Def won't be there next week  as I start my run Sat night.

Nice one mate! I won't be there either as I will be racing 1/8 down at NDOR. Take your time, get a feel for the surface and car and finish, that's the main thing!

Hi all, buggy arrived, looks like some fluid oil around rear outdrives and diff, maybe leaking diff not sure or just oil used around there from factory ?

Just had quick drive on street, well i am shocked at how this thing turns and drives so accurate and quick compared to any other rtr kit ive got, cant wait to get it on the track, it seems plenty quick enough for a novice driver like me

Just had quick drive on street, well i am shocked at how this thing turns and drives so accurate and quick compared to any other rtr kit ive got, cant wait to get it on the track, it seems plenty quick enough for a novice driver like me

It will be perfect. Make sure you have batteries ready for a practice at the beginning of the meet. Will give you much needed time to see how the car and you perform. Mike will help you with any setup tips!

Great first race day at manor rc, really enjoyed itso did my lad, by the second race we was debating who's turn it was to race, now gunna have to get another kit instead of sharing, lol, have to be honest though hes the better driver at the moment and olny 10 years old, he really enjoyed it and cant wait yo race again

Great first race day at manor rc, really enjoyed itso did my lad, by the second race we was debating who's turn it was to race, now gunna have to get another kit instead of sharing, lol, have to be honest though hes the better driver at the moment and olny 10 years old, he really enjoyed it and cant wait yo race again

Excellent!  Look forward to seeing you there sometime soon - totally agree it's very addictive, especially if all you've done in recent times is bash round the park with a mate or two (or sometimes none!) like me.